No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just can’t understand how this slipped through the initial CAD phase... and the prototype... and the final hardware test where we make sure that we’re really sure? Bonkers.

Other than that, it’s a nice looking controller. I still think the original Hori Controller is better as it has design cues more in keeping with the official Nintendo pad. And it’s really cute

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
      Can I ask you mate, where you got it?
      I backed the campaign on whatever crowdfunding site they used. This particular pad does have the left stick and button rubbing defect so I’ll be getting a replacement. Feels like a really good bit of kit otherwise. The optical stick feels very good and the buttons seem well placed.

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
        I just can’t understand how this slipped through the initial CAD phase... and the prototype... and the final hardware test where we make sure that we’re really sure? Bonkers.
        I thought the same but actually it’s a lot more plausible than you think, AND, it’s no where near as bad as it seems.

The original N64 controller is a 3 pronged controller. When you use the analogue, as most games do, you use the Z button underneath, not the L button.

You can’t actually use the analogue in your right hand and use the L button on the original design, so I doubt ANY games support it.

Only games that use the analogue and the d-pad would use a control scheme that would use the analogue and the L button at the same time...but in these instances you couldn’t really play them with this controller anyway.

Still good of them to recognise the fact it’s an issue and offer a fix though.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post

Pretty sweet! It just kinda "goes" with the rest of that setup.
          My setup in the study is a mess currently but here's the A2000 with the Amiga 1081 monitor and original, totally non-ergonomic, Commodore joystick:

Extra-nerdy question! Is that a A2000, A2000 revision B (commonly called the B2000 by Amigoids back in the day), or an A1500 which has had the A1500 label peeled off the front of the machine?

Comment

So far I had two Joytech 965AVs to switch between old consoles and feed a Framemeister. They did their job but too often the SCART would unplug and getting them back in was a pain. Plus two power supplies, having one 965 plugged into another 965...a bit of a mess.
            Now I've ditched one of the 965AVs and every console capable of RGB is plugged into a Hydra.

It's a beautiful piece of kit and it's powered by a smartphone supply through a Micro USB-B (you can see it in the third image, attached on the underside of the PCB on the left; still have to try if a PC SB port will supply enough power but I doubt it). The only thing is that the three buttons (scan input left-right, right-left, disable low-pass filter) on the front and the SCART plugs aren't labelled, I've had to read the PCB contact descriptions to find the output (J2, the rightmost plug).

Tried it today with a PC Engine Super SD System 3 and it works perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by Protocol Penguin View Post
              Extra-nerdy question! Is that a A2000, A2000 revision B (commonly called the B2000 by Amigoids back in the day), or an A1500 which has had the A1500 label peeled off the front of the machine?
              Pretty sure it's a Rev 6, i.e. a B2000. Green power LED and orange HD led. 1MB Chip RAM and the ECS chips. One of the floppies is a bit dodgy and I've stuck a Gotek in there now for ease of use but I'm not happy with how it looks. Not sure what I can do about it though. Might get an external floppy cable, stick the faulty floppy back in so it looks right at least.

I've just set my PC up to cross-assemble 68000 code . Could do with something better than the null model cable at 19200 baud for transfer of files though!

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                So far I had two Joytech 965AVs to switch between old consoles and feed a Framemeister. They did their job but too often the SCART would unplug and getting them back in was a pain. Plus two power supplies, having one 965 plugged into another 965...a bit of a mess.
                Now I've ditched one of the 965AVs and every console capable of RGB is plugged into a Hydra.

It's a beautiful piece of kit and it's powered by a smartphone supply through a Micro USB-B (you can see it in the third image, attached on the underside of the PCB on the left; still have to try if a PC SB port will supply enough power but I doubt it). The only thing is that the three buttons (scan input left-right, right-left, disable low-pass filter) on the front and the SCART plugs aren't labelled, I've had to read the PCB contact descriptions to find the output (J2, the rightmost plug).

Tried it today with a PC Engine Super SD System 3 and it works perfectly.

As the GScart is always sold out, i'm about to order one of these myself, good to hear that you're impressed with it.

Comment

SS ODE.

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
                    Sounds like the QA department at Scuf Gaming.

Comment

Originally posted by garrz32 View Post
                      SS ODE.
                      Nice. Can you post impressions of the item once you have it installed? And maybe a bit on the installation too? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                        Nice. Can you post impressions of the item once you have it installed? And maybe a bit on the installation too? Thanks.
                        Sure, I need to get a card though.I wasn't expecting the ODE to arrive so soon

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                          Pretty sure it's a Rev 6, i.e. a B2000. Green power LED and orange HD led. 1MB Chip RAM and the ECS chips. One of the floppies is a bit dodgy and I've stuck a Gotek in there now for ease of use but I'm not happy with how it looks. Not sure what I can do about it though. Might get an external floppy cable, stick the faulty floppy back in so it looks right at least.
                          Could still have technically been a A1500, as further research reveals earlier ones to be B2000s, and later ones C2000s (aka 2000C) which were 2000s with 1Mb chip RAM and ECS like the 500 Plus. Zero practical difference now though, as an A15000 was just a 2000 sans SCSI with a crappier label on the front, which many users just took off to display the 2000 badge underneath.

Comment

More than likely was a 1500. It has a gvp SCSI controller in it. I guess it would have a commodore in it usually.

Comment

My PC Engine Duo left my place to go to a good new home today

But this amazing device arrived today.

Treated it to a fancy packapunch scart cable and hooked it up to my super grafx. Utterly brilliant!

Comment

Originally posted by Gradius View Post
                                My PC Engine Duo left my place to go to a good new home today

But this amazing device arrived today.

Treated it to a fancy packapunch scart cable and hooked it up to my super grafx. Utterly brilliant!

Comment

Working...
                                X