No announcement yet.

Bordersdown Game of the Year 2015 - The Winner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol, not really a claim, just my thoughts on it. Close to perfection technically and the things you can do that just work in this game but historically I just wouldn't expect to in others made it a real joy, even though I'm on a bit of a downer with gaming right now. One example (apologies if I've mentioned it before) was a capture/rescue a prisoner mission. I was taking a bit too long so I got word that they were moving him to the palace. So, they put him in the back of a jeep and off they went. Bugger, guess I'll have to rescude him from the heavily guarded palace now! So, I follow the jeep and as I'm doing so a sandstorm comes in and the jeep slows down a bit. Enough that I can now run faster than the jeep is going so I ran to the back of the jeep and pulled the prisoner out while the jeep was still moving. I was absolutely euphoric that that worked and I've had lots of moments like that. I'm not claiming that no other game has ever let you pull someone out of a moving vehicle BTW, just the way it's all packaged together is utterly brilliant.

Comment

I know exactly what you mean Brad. You try stuff you don't expect to work and it totally does. A couple of examples that amazed me were the ability to Fulton yourself on top of a storage container to exit to the ACC at speed, and the way you can call in supplies and drop them on enemies' heads to knock them out - even bosses!

Such a brilliant game that the unfinished aspects are all the more upsetting.

Comment

I liked the writing. Good list.

Comment

When we were talking in the thread about games that define a system, [MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION], I remembered playing Metal Gear Solid 2 on the PS2 and being really excited that you could knock out a guard - then stuff him in a locker, just like the movies!

Comment

Working...
          X