This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Far Cry 5

WTF am I doing playing this? It came free with my microphone that I bought for my work calls, so I decided to set up a Twitch account and stream the ****er to return the courtesy. I'm kinda having fun with it... some parts are LOL IRL, mostly it's open-world checkpoint marker tedium. Actually I'm not having a great deal of fun with it, to be honest - I just want it done ASAP!!

Streaming is addictive. I might do Bayonetta next, but then I have friends begging me to play Yakuza 0 while I personally want to do modded Skyrim to generate viewership. I've never played Dark Souls*either, so it'd be cool to maybe try completing it within a 24 hour window or something.

twitch.tv/fallows

Comment

I was playing Iconoclasts, but I gave up out of boredom just before the final boss. I’ve also been messing about with some Game Pass titles.

I fancy something new new to play, but there doesn’t seem to be anything out to buy. It is the simmer lull I suppose.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
        I've never played Dark Souls*either, so it'd be cool to maybe try completing it within a 24 hour window or something.
        Good luck with that Dave. It’d certainly be interesting to watch though.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
          Good luck with that Dave. It’d certainly be interesting to watch though.
          I got BloodBorne's platinum in 19, but then you said that was super-easy compared to Souls.

Comment

I have no game to play. I mean, I have loads but none that I can stick with for more than a few minutes at the moment. Have to resist just buying another one.

Comment

I got BloodBorne's platinum in 19, but then you said that was super-easy compared to Souls.
              24 hours to platinum is doable, but it’d be tight. There’s a bunch of side-quests, and some trophies take multiple playthroughs to get people where you want them and the materials needed to get certain items from them. Plus as you mentioned, the difficulty is certainly higher than Borne. Definitely don’t play II first either. Some of the bosses in that are insanely difficult.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

24 hours to platinum is doable, but it’d be tight. There’s a bunch of side-quests, and some trophies take multiple playthroughs to get people where you want them and the materials needed to get certain items from them. Plus as you mentioned, the difficulty is certainly higher than Borne. Definitely don’t play II first either. Some of the bosses in that are insanely difficult.
                I'd only want to complete the regular game the once. Going for platinum in one session as a first-timer might be a bit much... Bloodborne was spaced out over a week.

Comment

I'd only want to complete the regular game the once. Going for platinum in one session as a first-timer might be a bit much... Bloodborne was spaced out over a week.
                  Easily(ish) done in that case. NG is always the best as you don’t know what you’re doing too. Plus you could always get some of us lot to jump in with you for a laugh.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Plus you could always get some of us lot to jump in with you for a laugh.
                    I'm thinking of doing Yakuza 0 at lunch times for that very reason!

Comment

I’m back on Street Fighter®️ 30th Anniversary Collection International. The Switch version has justified the purchase of the console alone for me. Shoot me down, but I play it on an 8BitDo M30. There isn’t a suitable stick for Switch for me. The HORI offering is based on the Pro. V shape, which I can’t get on with following the Pro. N revision for PS4.

It’s also a lot less agg setting it up, and there is no fan noise to worry about.

I crank the volume right up and reminisce about sitting at an Electrocoin cabinet in Southend during the summer holidays, with a pocket full of 10p’s, and it’s the best thing ever.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Chapter 7 of Valkyria Chronicles is such BS. It was BS when it came out and it's BS now.

I think, hope, that I've figured out the optimal strategy for taking out that last radiator on that oversized tank.

-EDIT-
                        5 hours on one mission. Hopefully the rest of the game is a little more fair.
                        Last edited by Cepp; 16-06-2019, 22:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                          Chapter 7 of Valkyria Chronicles is such BS. It was BS when it came out and it's BS now.

I think, hope, that I've figured out the optimal strategy for taking out that last radiator on that oversized tank.

-EDIT-
                          5 hours on one mission. Hopefully the rest of the game is a little more fair.
                          That the one with the big tank and all of a sudden that girl turns up with the laser lance? If so I agree that was one effing frustrating mission.

Comment

Yeah that's the one. I can't remember the last time I got so wound up by a game Haha.

Comment

RDR2 (surprise!)

Now, I think I'm two missions away from completion, but it'd be rude to leave Horseman and Survivalist challenges at 9 out of ten, so naturally, I did that.

Caught all 15 types of fish and broke-in all-but-one of the horses. Just one left to find.

Then I'm winding it up, I promise.

Comment

As mentioned in the recent 3DS thread, I have been replaying Link Between Worlds. I started on Hero mode where, as far as I can see, the only difference is that the enemies do way more damage. So two hits from the weakest enemies can take you out. But I soon got really bored with this. It forces you to be really careful getting from A to B, which is fine a couple of times but there is so much A to Bing in the game that it just gets dull - it's not like you can't do it without getting hit, you prove that on your first couple of journeys. So to have to be careful on every repeat journey isn't actually any harder. It's just a needless obstacle.

So I restarted back on normal mode and I like it a lot better. Sometimes we just want to be sloppier and I have doubts about any game or mode where they try to make it harder just by upping the damage of the enemies or (worse, because it just unnaturally increases play time without you having to actually be better at the game) increasing the amount of hits to take them down.

Anyway, Link Between Worlds is fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X