No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think anyone is knocking that feature, TA, it's criticism of the One that it's main selling point seems to be that you can play your old games on it.

If the One had launched how it is now, I'd have snapped one up as BC is an important feature to me, which the PS4 is refusing to do, but instead we got that anti-consumer joke that Microsoft had to u-turn on pretty much everything they said at the E3 reveal.

There are two ways to look at it:
    The Xbox One is the best console if you don’t care about exclusive new games

or

IGN Mocks Xbox For Lack of Exclusives

Comment

Wish PS4 could have same level of back compatibility. The knock against ms is that this seems to be instead of new Xbox one titles.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        I don't think anyone is knocking that feature, TA, it's criticism of the One that it's main selling point seems to be that you can play your old games on it.
        And that is a great feature and its not just the ability to play old games, it's also how they see various gfx improvements and the huge increase in screen res and it's not like Turn 10, Collection or 343, Rare are handling the BC programme. Its a small team of engineers handling that;They are hardly software developers THAT would be put on making a big AAA title if not working on the BC programme.

Nintendo has a lack of brand new IP and exclusives at that even charge you the full price of a Port of the likes of Mario 8. MS allows people who own the likes of Gears or Halo 3 on their 360 to play those games for on the XBox One and also with massive upgrades to the GFX, all for free and for yet more irony, people can't wait for yet another Prime .

No doubt when Nintendo unviel Game Cube BC for the Switch and charge the earth for games one already owns, people will go ape over it

Comment

That’s you telt QC, now on yer way! Bassa!

Comment

ARMS is a new IP. It's also one of the best fighters since 3S/KoF'99. It's also immensely technical without having to learn plethoras of combo strings.

It's like Microsoft are neglecting the power in the X, just like Nintendo never really utilised the extra power in the n3DS with exclusive content.
            Last edited by dataDave; 21-04-2018, 08:23.

Comment

Listen to you Dave everything Nintendo does is the best, RARE can make a new IP but it doesn't change the reliance on old IP from MS, just like Nintendo will reuse their IP , who knows we may even get a new Wave Race and Pikmin 4, to join Metroid 4 while beforehand Switch owners go Ape over Donkey kong tropical freeze, or Hyrule Warriors: on the Switch and pay over £40 for a games they already own, just like with Bayoneta 1 and II with hardly any big upgrades

While you get the likes of this for Free.

Last edited by Team Andromeda; 21-04-2018, 08:44.

Comment

None of this is for free like you keep saying it is. You first have to buy an X and then track down all of these average 15 year-old games on fleabay.

It's not hard to grasp why X owners would like more original games for their console, especially for the price of the thing.

Comment

It's very good for Xbox fans who have a bunch of old games but for some reason got rid of the console that could play them.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                    None of this is for free like you keep saying it is. You first have to buy an X and then track down all of these average 15 year-old games on fleabay.
                    But it is free for many of us. A lot of these games I already own. I've not bought any of the 20 odd games I play on back compatiblity recently. They're all games I bought years ago which are getting a new lease of life for free. For example, someone bought God's of War on the PS3 but would like to play the enhanced version. They now have to buy a new enhanced copy costing the same as the original. Owning the original has no benefit. With Microsoft's approach it does.
                    Plus almost all multiplatform titles are better on the X and it also plays UHD BluRay with Dolby Atmos. There's nothing not to like.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                      No doubt when Nintendo unviel Game Cube BC for the Switch and charge the earth for games one already owns, people will go ape over it
                      quoted for truth.

Comment

How are we so sure Gamecube BC is going to happen? It's all rumours made up by kids on the internet.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                            quoted for truth.
                            You know it and watch them all love Donkey kong tropical freeze too, a game they already owned and played and Nintendo will charge full price for the pleasure to replay it, like they did with Bayonetta 1 and II.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post

It's not hard to grasp why X owners would like more original games for their console, especially for the price of the thing.
                              Says the one who goes on about Neo Geo ports on the Switch lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                                But it is free for many of us. A lot of these games I already own. I've not bought any of the 20 odd games I play on back compatiblity recently. They're all games I bought years ago which are getting a new lease of life for free. For example, someone bought God's of War on the PS3 but would like to play the enhanced version. They now have to buy a new enhanced copy costing the same as the original. Owning the original has no benefit. With Microsoft's approach it does.
                                Plus almost all multiplatform titles are better on the X and it also plays UHD BluRay with Dolby Atmos. There's nothing not to like.
                                Exactly no need for a super expensive PC .. Just get a XBox One X and play 3rd party games looking their best on the consoles, lovely Native 4k GFX and movie playback and for all us 360 and OG XBox owners the ability to play your old games with massive GFX improvements for free, and not be mugged for that pleasure like Nintendo fans.

£50 each to replay Donkey kong tropical freeze, or Hyrule Warriors on the Switch and let's all look forward to yet another sequel to Prime. The hypocrisy of Nintendo fans takes some beating

Comment

Working...
                                X