This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
    I have a SFC 1chip in the post dave; are you up for a pic quality challenge against my probe calibrated BVM-14E5E?
    Sure, but you'll have to wait another four weeks until I'm back home.

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
    1 leaves with a better scart cable.
    My cable is already peerless, I'll take a blowjob though. (jk, obvs.)

Comment

I dunno man, I'm using an official GameCube SCART lead.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
        Same here but I don't have a 1-chip, just an old style RGB mod on a US SNES mini Still looks amazing on a D24.

Comment

Same here but I don't have a 1-chip, just an old style RGB mod on a US SNES mini Still looks amazing on a D24.
          Technically a US SNES Mini is a 1CHIP but I'm sure you knew that.

Comment

Technically a US SNES Mini is a 1CHIP but I'm sure you knew that.
            Aye, but no fancy RGB chip in there:

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like zakmatar.

Comment

How’s that d24, rockin zaki - all good?

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                How’s that d24, rockin zaki - all good?
                I don't think I can live without it. If I had this monitor growing up, I would not have believed my eyes. Not that I could have afforded a 20 grand monitor back then

Comment

https://imgur.com/a/VbAFd
                  Deary me who did that?

Comment

Deary me who did that?
                    Some dude on the Neo-Geo forums (years ago!)

Still produces a lovely image though:

Comment

https://imgur.com/a/VbAFd
                      Are you in your pyjamas?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        Are you in your pyjamas?
                        Trust you to notice that

Not at the moment. I'm at work now

Comment

I think I have the same pair.

Are they from Costco?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            Ha, thanks!
                            It was all her masterplan, so she is indeed very tolerant, although she's happy getting the couch in the lounge to herself to watch Vera!

I asked for a Harmony 650 one Christmas to go in the lounge and the PS3 adaptor (it's infrared, the PS3 is bluetooth) when all my kit was in the lounge. I loved it so much, I bought another remote (Harmony 665) in a Black Friday sale a few years back for when the third bedroom was a games room (it's now our second child's bedroom).

Apart from the PS4, it'll control absolutely everything. Newer "hub" Harmony controllers will control it, but not power it on as Sony won't allow 3rd-party devices to do that.

So, instead of a sofa full of remotes to juggle, I just press one button and it drops the screen, turns on the 360 and powers up the projector.

I'd genuinely recommend them to anyone. They're expensive, but complete game changers.
                            They used to have an outlet for returned items, which is where I got the PS3 adaptor from:
                            https://www.logitech.com/en-gb/special-offers/closeout
                            Cheers QualityChimp will keep an eye on these harmony remotes not too bad at £70 to be honest as I already have 4 remotes which can sometimes be annoying for the Panasonic 4K TV, Sony Sound bar, Virgin TiVo box and Apple 4K. Sometimes it’s a bit much so I may get one of these for B’Day/Christmas, I think I also heard AV Forums bloke singing it praises on the last podcast after sampling some awful TV remotes for the latest 4K TVs.

Comment

Speaking of Game Cubes I’m waiting for the Zelda bloke to build my HDMI GameCube Adaptor. Metal Jesus did a piece on his You Tube and it looks spectacular Beside when he broke it by knocking over the Game Cube. It is annoying the Game Cube component cables cost an arm and a leg and the best we can get is SVideo.

Comment

Originally posted by JU! View Post
                                Cheers QualityChimp will keep an eye on these harmony remotes not too bad at £70 to be honest as I already have 4 remotes which can sometimes be annoying for the Panasonic 4K TV, Sony Sound bar, Virgin TiVo box and Apple 4K. Sometimes it’s a bit much so I may get one of these for B’Day/Christmas, I think I also heard AV Forums bloke singing it praises on the last podcast after sampling some awful TV remotes for the latest 4K TVs.
                                Yeah, they're great.

After swapping some kit around and some of the ports things are plugged into, I took the time to reprogramme the remote and it's working great again.

It's handy having multiple remotes in one, but the activities make it super-useful because it not only turns everything on or off with one button, but also controls several things at the same time, so you change channel on the Virgin Tivo box, but the volume on the telly.

I'll try and post my setup pics this week.

Comment

Working...
                                X