Monster Hunter World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
    I just sold off everything of Rarity 4 that I have no intention of using for almost 200K. It’s worth looking into if you’re short on cash. You can get pretty much anything back in a few hunts anyway if you sell something you shouldn’t have.
    Good idea my only caveat to this is be careful doing this if you want to start a new weapon, or build a different weapon tree, weapons always start with low level items and low level monster parts then build up to high level bits. to make my Kadachi Fang I needed low level Tobi Kadachi parts as well as low level bones, its only probably a couple of hunts worth of bits so its not a massive time sink to get stuff back.

There is no doubt a ton of money sat there in most peoples items boxes and you probably have a ton of low level bits if like me you farmed the crap out of certain monsters early on, i kind of did a half way house approach to your strat joe, by keeping no more than ten of each low level part them in my monster part box.
    Last edited by Lebowski; 07-02-2018, 16:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
      Good idea my only caveat to this is be careful doing this if you want to start a new weapon, or build a different weapon tree, weapons always start with low level items and low level monster parts then build up to high level bits. to make my Kadachi Fang I needed low level Tobi Kadachi parts as well as low level bones, its only probably a couple of hunts worth of bits so its not a massive time sink to get stuff back.

There is no doubt a ton of money sat there in most peoples items boxes and you probably have a ton of low level bits if like me you farmed the crap out of certain monsters early on, i kind of did a half way house approach to your strat joe, by keeping no more than ten of each low level part them in my monster part box.
      I kept everything needed for the stuff that I want and everything above Rarity 4. Everything else was just sitting there taking up almost four pages of my box. It seemed a bit pointless farming for the Armorcharm and Powercharm when I could just buy both at once using useless materials.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I'm that much of a turbo-noob I only just discovered by cackhanded chance that you can detonate the kinsect poison trap things from a safe distance with the sling rather than piling in and bashing them at close quarters under dire personal risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
          I'm that much of a turbo-noob I only just discovered by cackhanded chance that you can detonate the kinsect poison trap things from a safe distance with the sling rather than piling in and bashing them at close quarters under dire personal risk.
          Jaja. The frogs are the same. Very handy, even against Titan Mons.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Had a go at the next elder dragon, Lava based this time with field advantage... if it wasn't enough dealing with the strong and large AoE's, you have nasty stun charges and lots of roaring. Gave up and starting farming fire/stun resistance stuff and a few of the other HR monsters i haven't beaten to fill out the workshop items and then once i'd capped fire(can got enough anti stun) and set off to beat the beast and did so after a couple of team attempts using SoS, phew.... on to the next. Although i'am going to need to come back to him, his set looks useful.

Also finished the dragonking eyepatch which is my first lvl8 armour, and with it you can truly look like big boss. Ups my damage on slice ammo from 8-12 to 11-14 damage on hitting weak points, and also finally capped free ammo/element which at lvl 3 does upgrade the advanced ammo slot meaning more slice/dragon opening up a few 1 or 2 shot slice guns in the rare 7/8 categories to aim for.. the fire/lava based elder dragon does have gun line which is basically a red cannon like the ones you load up against zorah.

Comment

Effin Diablos. I'll get you next time! (Possibly with a team) *shakes fist

Comment

Thanks to [MENTION=2732]J0e Musashi[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION] for your help last night.
                That's a couple more missions down that I was struggling with.
                I feel like I'm on the cusp of soloing these beasts, but they seem to beat me, despite the endless damage I feel like I'm dealing to them.

I was really pleased with the damage the Charge Sword was dealing against Legiana, but the Odagaron is way too quick, which is why I switched up to the Glaive for a bit more mobility (and to mount it, so you could both cane it whilst distracted!).
                I might have to go back to the Long Sword as a compromise between mobility and power, but all the melee weapons seem at a disadvantage against flying creatures.

How do you heal from the Odagaron's poison claw attack. I'd used all ten Mega Potions and knew my time was up but could do nothing about it.

I do wish this game was slightly easier, if I'm honest, but I think it's also because I'm lost in the seemingly endless options. [MENTION=938]Tobal[/MENTION] has some tasty gear including The Cloak of Magical Trinkets and the Spectacles of Combatative Foresight.
                I made the names up, but he has a cloak that increases drops and glasses that increase defense or something.

Do you remember me saying yesterday about the distant dinos not part of the game? I took a snap:

Also, this never fails to amuse me:
                "Oh my! You've always got so much spunk!"

Comment

Beat odagaron and into Diablos last night. I feel your pain, I fought him for a bit cut his tail and his horns off, had loads of loot coming- then he started going mental and charging- the stun locking in this game is **** sometimes, and your cat is useless at healing you when it’s actually useful.

Ended up dying when he had no health left, and lost all the work I’d done in getting his stuff so turned it off. Frustrating. My hit boxes always feel tiny, and the monsters hit it always feel huge- this game can feel a bit unfair at times.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    Thanks to [MENTION=2732]J0e Musashi[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION] for your help last night.
                    That's a couple more missions down that I was struggling with.
                    I feel like I'm on the cusp of soloing these beasts, but they seem to beat me, despite the endless damage I feel like I'm dealing to them.

I was really pleased with the damage the Charge Sword was dealing against Legiana, but the Odagaron is way too quick, which is why I switched up to the Glaive for a bit more mobility (and to mount it, so you could both cane it whilst distracted!).
                    I might have to go back to the Long Sword as a compromise between mobility and power, but all the melee weapons seem at a disadvantage against flying creatures.

How do you heal from the Odagaron's poison claw attack. I'd used all ten Mega Potions and knew my time was up but could do nothing about it.
                    ogdogoron inflicts bleed damage you need to put your sword away and crouch for a short time and it goes away, easier said than done when hes charging about like a loon, healing potions wont help you but Astera Jerky also cures bleeding and stops you getting bleed damage for a short time after using it.

A good tip for fighting him too is pick up the slinger flame pods that litter the area and shoot them on the floor not only dose this disperse the damaging mist in the area but it also puts down a little bonfire on the floor that damages him when hes hopping about all the over the shop, and tends to make him more cautious.
                    Last edited by Lebowski; 08-02-2018, 09:50.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                      Beat odagaron and into Diablos last night. I feel your pain, I fought him for a bit cut his tail and his horns off, had loads of loot coming- then he started going mental and charging- the stun locking in this game is **** sometimes, and your cat is useless at healing you when it’s actually useful.
                      Last night, there were times when there were three healing wasps deployed to the battlefield when they weren't needed.
                      Conversely, my cat deployed one and I saw it hit me just as the screen faded to black as I fainted. Dammit.
                      Gonna get that loot sword for Fifi now I've unlocked the level you find the cats that give it you.

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                      Ended up dying when he had no health left, and lost all the work I’d done in getting his stuff so turned it off. Frustrating. My hit boxes always feel tiny, and the monsters hit it always feel huge- this game can feel a bit unfair at times.
                      Agreed. Love, LOVE, this game, but the hitboxes are annoyingly unfair. I've been flying through the air with the glaive with a monster charging 100% clear underneath me and taken the hit. A charging monster can be dodged, but if you contact its tail at the last millisecond of the animation, you take the hit. I've swung a weapon and been millimetres too far away and wasted the swing, but an Anjanath can seemingly back kick me from miles away and I take the hit.

I'm crap enough at this game without any disadvantages!

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                        ogdogoron inflicts bleed damage you need to put your sword away and crouch for a short time and it goes away, easier said than done when hes charging about like a loon.

A good tip for fighting him too is pick up the slinger flame pods that litter the area and shoot them on the floor not only dose this disperse the damaging mist in the area but it also puts down a little bonfire on the floor that damages him when hes hopping about all the over the shop, and tends to make him more cautious.
                        Cheers 'Bowski.

I'm absorbing all the information I can from the advanced players like yourself.
                        I'll try that next time.

Comment

Thanks to @J0e Musashi and @fuse for your help last night.
                          No worries dude. I'm still not entirely sure how matching up with friends works, but hey.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                            No worries dude. I'm still not entirely sure how matching up with friends works, but hey.
                            It's a strange system, You have to log out of your session and join your friends, you can do this from the login screen or you can do this via psn, its not super clear that your in their session too as you wont see each other unless you go to the gathering hub.

When logged in together you get notifications when quests are posted on the boards, to team up you go to the quest board and select join quest by looking for the quest that your friend has posted. when your all ready you set your status to ready and it takes you all into the same quest or investigation.

There are a few puzzling aspects to the online side of things that need to be bared in mind.

firstly you cant do expeditions together from the hub you can get groups into expeditions via a work around do a quick mission then on the mission finish screen all set go to camp instead of the base, it will then put you in a joint expedition.

Secondly you cant do story missions together if their are people in the group that haven't seen cut scenes, my group tend to do the story missions solo then team up for farming the investigations.

Comment

if you need to fight in Vales mist you can easily make a armour piece from those beetles in the upper layer which makes you immune to it.

Comment

Cheers 'Bowski.

I'm absorbing all the information I can from the advanced players like yourself.
                                I'll try that next time.
                                Better to eat some Atsera Jerky as that heals bleeding instantly.

Comment

Working...
                                X