Monster Hunter World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    I was umming and ahhing over getting this since last year and I'm so glad I bought it.

One of the few things I love more than EDF is that the solo game is stronger in this.
    Being an Air Diver with webs and turrets ain't gonna bring down a spaceship.
    What’s awesome is the fact that it’s works with zero problems with no internet connection too. I was gong through the single player solo on Sunday and didn’t even notice my router had crashed, I was too engrossed in tracking.

Take note other devs.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
      I have two bows left to go for a full set, both only require one part each to max out. I also need a Uragaan jaw for a Partbreaker Charm. I'm having trouble with the rare pets though. Other than the bug, none of them ever seem to spawn.
      Capping them definitely gets you a better chance of one, I jumped on for one last hunt and got the last jaw I needed, now I just need a Teostra gem to upgrade it. But level 1 is enough to help me on those damn Nerg Horn+ today.

Comment

Here I am, nudging up to my meagre 8 hour play marker The weekend progress was fairly slow, I did two expeditions to bolster supplies a little then solo tackled the great ravine boss mission so stumbled my way up to HR6. Still need supplies but the two newly opened areas should help with that by offering some new items, my weapon needs upgrading I think

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
          Here I am, nudging up to my meagre 8 hour play marker The weekend progress was fairly slow, I did two expeditions to bolster supplies a little then solo tackled the great ravine boss mission so stumbled my way up to HR6. Still need supplies but the two newly opened areas should help with that by offering some new items, my weapon needs upgrading I think
          I missed you by about an hour on Saturday and didn't play Sunday (*withdrawal shakes*), but I plan to be on tonight, so we'll blast through a few more missions.

Get some heavy hitters in like, well, basically anyone in this thread but me and Pebbles and it'll be a doddle.
          Some of the new monsters and components will be unlocked an you can then work your way to some beefier kit.

We won't play the game for you, where's the fun in that? We will help you out and set you on your way though!

Comment

just got the Extermination's Edge Long sword and loving how mental some the the lvl 8 weapons look, i took it into a fight with vall hasak and it was hitting him for 70+ per hit and rising with boosts.

693 attack
            120 dragon
            High Elder-seal

Elder-seal has the ability to remove the following elder dragon enrage attacks making the fights a lot easier

Kirin - Removes lightning armor
            Teostra - Reduces his flame aura level and removes his ability to use supernova
            Kushala Daora - Removes wind barrier
            Vaal Hazak - Reduces his effluvia charge

I also had a play about with some bow guns (look out for the wyvernburst) i got it on the Karma with it. wyvernburst lets you Plant bombs in the ground, i was having great fun planting bombs pissing the monster off so it comes charging at you and watching the crit damage rack up as it fails to spot the glowing spikes sticking out the foor.
            Last edited by Lebowski; 05-03-2018, 14:31.

Comment

I’m starting to tire of this game. Don’t get me wrong, it’s easily my game of this year, but I just kill everything without mercy now. Give me Deviljho, yo!
              Last edited by J0e Musashi; 06-03-2018, 06:48.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Sorry, J0e, I don't know what happened tonight. I joined your invite but you were on a quest and then disappeared to a different group.

I had a fun evening getting some Legiana drops. Going to get a nice icy Sword for Odagoron!

Comment

Oops, ended up making Uragaan armour. Guard Up and Guard giving me the ability to take pretty much any hit. I've not tested it with Xeno's blast stream yet but I have high hopes. Also full Partbreaker and Critical Eye, gemmed in some Divine Protection, Fire Res, Def and Attack.

This is how you finish a monster
                  Last edited by kryss; 06-03-2018, 04:39.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                    I’m starting to tire of this game. Don’t get me wrong, it’s easily my game of this year, but I just kill everything without mercy now. Give me Deviljho, yo!
                    Joes killed another game 😉

Comment

Had a super clutch finish to the Kirin last night the below is the kill screen from my point of view with the rewards bit hid, my buddy is stunned and on the floor in front of Kirin. Kirin is just about to finish him off and is raising his head back to dish out the killing blow my arrows hit and its just enough to finish him off. We completely lost it at this point love this game for creating moments of joy like this.

Comment

haha great finish [MENTION=9333]kryss[/MENTION]. How do you know how much health mobs have left? Is the life line on the icon at bottom of screen that gives you a rough idea and then you kinda have to guesstimate?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                          haha great finish [MENTION=9333]kryss[/MENTION]. How do you know how much health mobs have left? Is the life line on the icon at bottom of screen that gives you a rough idea and then you kinda have to guesstimate?
                          once the line goes down to nearly flat-lining then there nearly dead, it can jump back and start becoming erratic if there enraged so is not the perfect indicator, also on the mini map look out for the skulls over the monster this indicators that there almost done for.

Once you see skulls or the flatline their weak enough to trap too, though bear in mind you cant trap elder dragons.

Comment

This Nerg had already tried limping off once or twice, the third time it managed it so i had to peg it in case some fool woke it up.
                            Made my Destruction Fusilade last night, nice healthy bang to it.

Comment

I love hearing your various adventures!

I'm so far behind.
                              I was looking at upgrading some weapons and there's a few parts still not revealed.
                              I looked at the wiki and there's a whole bunch of other monsters I've not even met yet and I'm just shy of 100 hours in!

I'm having fun, still, but I seem to be playing this at a different pace to everyone else.
                              Should I continue on my slow trajectory or start cracking on?

I feel like I'm the old lady who swallowed a horse to catch the cow, goat, dog, cat, bird, spider and fly.
                              I'm hunting the Tobi-Kadachi to get the Legiana, I'm hunting the Legiana to catch the Odagoron and so on.

Should I just push on with the levels, even though I feel underpowered?

I'm up to the first proper hunt of Nerigigante and he can take me out in two swipes.
                              Should I finish some hunting to improve my weapons and armour, die a few times trying to get him or fire an SOS just to get the mission done?

Comment

Here's a question: What conditions make a monsters health reset to 100%? I spent a good while whittling the bone armour off one and getting it all the way down to limping, it tried to flee to another area so as usual I sharpened my blade then headed off in pursuit and when I reached it the armour was back and it was at full health again

Comment

Working...
                                X