Bluepoint's next remake is...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluepoint's next remake is...?

Bluepoint Games has confirmed that its next project in the wake of the stunning Shadow of the Colossus for PlayStation …

It seems Bluepoint's (who just did a great job remaking SotC again (again) next game is another remake and is bigger in scope to that of Shadow of the Colossus.

Let us begin...

Most fingers are pointing to a Demon's Souls remake. However, surely it's a Haze remake.

I for one eagerly await a 4K version of Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain.

Only joking. It will be The Getaway: Black Monday.

But seriously looking forward to a chance to play The Mark of Kri in HD.

Comment

PS2 era remaster bigger in scope you say, its gonna be a old Sony published IP like Shadow of the colossus won't be Ico that would be to obvious, Dark Chronicle's, mark of Kri, killzone, Motorstorm??? I'm at a loss with this non announcement??

I know there gonna do an Eyetoy remaster for the playstaion camera, who wouldn't want to clean windows in 4k while listening to George Formby
      Last edited by Lebowski; 12-03-2018, 11:36.

Comment

I loved to see a full remake of GOD Of War myself .

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
          PS2 era remaster bigger in scope you say, its gonna be a old Sony published IP like Shadow of the colossus won't be Ico that would be to obvious, Dark Chronicle's, mark of Kri, killzone, Motorstorm??? I'm at a loss with this non announcement??

I know there gonna do an Eyetoy remaster for the playstaion camera, who wouldn't want to clean windows in 4k while listening to George Formby
          I would actually love that. Toybox is fun but severely lacking in content. I had the camera with my launch machine and its baffling how few games there are considering it was bundled.

Comment

Hahaha, I think if we can bet it there's one thing it won't be it'll be camera related games. I think CEX are actually paying people to take Kinecta off their hands at this point.

Comment

Since reading this I can't think of anything that would suit the bill assuming it's another Sony owned title. Syphon Filter has been mentioned on other sites a few times but anything that old would be pretty much a full rethink like any other studio would do making it a bit redundant to have Bluepoint on it. It really has to be anything PS2 upwards and stuff like GOW etc are redundant with new titles coming out. I could potentially see a reworking of the PS3 Killzone's being an idea, or Resistance or infamous.

Unless it's a heavy reworked remaster for Jak and Daxter

Comment

A number of people on Era seem to think it's Demon Souls given that game has a ten year anniversary next year.

EDIT: Doh! Didn't see the mention of DmS in the OP. OK don't put me down for remaster then...

Comment

Jak and Daxter is the only one I can really see working from the Sony PS2 stable. It would also make a little sense considering how much praise Ratchet garnered.

I can't say I'd be that excited though. It was great at the time, but I played it no long ago on PSP and I didn't think it held up too well to be honest. The hand drawn animation has a lovely bouncy, elastic feel, but it feels pretty imprecise to control.

Comment

Fantavision.

It would be better to get SSX but I don't think that's possible...

Comment

Godhand please

Comment

I'd be genuinely quite let down if they did Demon's Souls. I get the fondness fans have for the Souls series but with the inevitable Bloodborne 2 undoubtedly on the horizon and the upcoming remasters the series needs a rest, not yet another update. FROM are perfectly capable of dealing with that themselves.

Really, it needs to be something with wider demand but nothing upcoming if the bigger scale comment is to be believed.

MGS4?

Comment

It must be Lair then.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                            It must be Lair then.
                            What about Genji 2?

Comment

Motor Toon GP 2: Remastered

Comment

Working...
                              X