Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Tweaks but mostly a Smash Bros mash up of the previous four games built on WiiU's shoulders. Stages, fighters and bonuses all return for this compendium entry which launches for NS on 07 December 2018

Ridley and Daisy also join the fight

As suspected, it is the Wii U game with some added characters, costumes and tweaks. Another pisstake for us Wii U owners who bought all first party software on the system.

Comment

Not to mention the DLC we bought...

...And I'm still getting it.

Comment

I love how Nintendo always do this. Release the same game with minor updates. They're no better than EA and their ****ty sports games. Yet NOBODY will have anything bad to say against Nintendo.

Do you know what I saw advertised on TV today for the Switch? Bloody Mario Tennis game. It's the same game that they've been churning out for years And yes, waggle controls were part of the TV ad.

Comment

I bought this game twice, drawn in both times by the characters and fanservice, but I just simply don't enjoy the game. It's not for me. But if it were for me, all these characters and stages would be a dream. I understand the draw for fans of the series but it really felt like the focus on this one came at the expense of a better look at other games.

Comment

Looks like Zero Suit Samus got two big nerfs.

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks the new game looks much worse than the WiiU one?

Originally posted by Adam View Post
              Looks like Zero Suit Samus got two big nerfs.
              Yeah, seems weird when her previous appearance matched the Amiibo figure.

Ignoring the boob thing for a moment, why is the version on the left much better in terms of lighting and detail than the one on the right?

Comment

Aye well, people keep buying it....

Comment

I remember when Melee looked stunning for its time, since then... the series hasn't shined visually for its time as much with each entry. I thought the same when they showed Mario in the trailer who's looking a bit rough in Ultimate. The Samus downsizing though... it's just a bit tiresome of them.

Comment

They've gone too far this time: https://twitter.com/IronPineapple_/s...89767428325378

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                      Yet NOBODY will have anything bad to say against Nintendo.
                      That's because they make awesome games and continue to produce hardware.

I really don't get why you get so mad at Nintendo in every thread. Just move on and enjoy your other games. Life is too short to be a bitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                        why is the version on the left much better in terms of lighting and detail than the one on the right?
                        Gonna guess the one on the left is a screen grab from a well lit stage, vs the one on the right being from a poverty stream and blown up some.

RIP snakes ass.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                          That's because they make awesome games and continue to produce hardware.

I really don't get why you get so mad at Nintendo in every thread. Just move on and enjoy your other games. Life is too short to be a bitch.
                          And the idea that nobody will have anything bad to say about Nintendo is false each and every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                            Gonna guess the one on the left is a screen grab from a well lit stage, vs the one on the right being from a poverty stream and blown up some.
                            Nah, check out the Nintendog in the trailer. It looks flat; the shaders look unfinished. I really hope that's gonna improve.

Comment

Tons of new/returning tech. This is going to play VERY differently from Smash 4. Hopefully they also widen the stage boundaries and maybe speed things up just a tad. They seem to be streamlining a lot of the excessive animations already.

I'm wondering if Assists will be used in tournament play?

Comment

Working...
                              X