Games to buy when on holiday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bumpage!!

Sooooo, off to Tokyo in 4 weeks and a little out of the import loop.

Have there been any incredible, not-to-be-missed games released in Japan that we haven't had?

I'm running a PS3, PAL 360 (so some shooters should be okay) and PSVita.

Comment

If you are looking for the Shmups this is a list of JPN games that are region free for PAL 360 machines, not sure on pricing however.

Mushihimesama Futari (Reprinted - Platinum Collection available)
      ESPGaluda II (Standard Version Only) (Reprinted - Platinum Collection available)
      Muchi Muchi Pork & Pink Sweets (Double Pack)
      Bullet Soul
      Eschatos

Comment

Ryu ga gotoku 5 you know it makes sense Chris. PS3 Diva F if you are there on the 7th march

Comment

Ah, bangin'!!

Was going to get PSV Project Diva and didn't realise it was due on PS3 so I'll get both.

Not sure about RGG5; I've still not finished 4 or even started Dead Souls.

Comment

Originally posted by ETC View Post
            Ryu ga gotoku 5
            Are these in Japanese and English?

Comment

Don't know how long you're there, but Muramasa hits the Vita towards the end of the month. Grab yourself EX Troopers for sure though.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                Don't know how long you're there, but Muramasa hits the Vita towards the end of the month. Grab yourself EX Troopers for sure though.
                Ex troopers is probably a lot cheaper on eBay though was about ?30 last time I looked

Tomato - Nope Japanese only

Comment

Try MediaLand in Akihabara for EX Troopers

Oh! Latest SRW is cheaper too

Comment

First place I'm going is the glorious shoebox that is Tokiwa Musen!

Comment

If you happen to stumble across a cheap copy of Dodonpachi: Dai-Ou-Jou for the 360 on your travels I don't suppose you'd picke me up a copy would you?? PWEASE!!!!!

Sold my one ages ago & have regretted it ever since

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                        First place I'm going is the glorious shoebox that is Tokiwa Musen!
                        MediaLand is literally around the corner!

Comment

Originally posted by ETC View Post
                          Tomato - Nope Japanese only
                          Bah!

Thanks for the information

Comment

Resurrection! In Japan for a fortnight, and a little out of touch with current gen imports. Any recommendations for contemporary Jap only purchases whilst out here? I have pretty much every console, though I use my (region free) Switch the most; was thinking of getting a Jap 3DS too to help with options. Have plenty of space for random accessories or controllers. Will make do with a suitcase full of retro otherwise. Thanks!

Comment

Having a Japanese 3DS with the same account means I have no problem making digital purchases on my Switch from the Japanese store. For some reason I can't use the same card to put credit on the account via the Switch. Not sure if you have the same problem,

J-only Switch games...Seiken Densetsu Collection is the only one that springs to mind.

Oh, and Taiko no Tatsujin.

Comment

Where the hell have you been, [MENTION=1765]sadat[/MENTION]?!

Comment

Working...
                                X