Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daft lad has gone to bed and I’m still up watching Makka effin Pakka and the tittyfurs.

What has my life become?

Also, the lack of pronouns in this show is grating.

Comment

Recently switched to Virgin Media and had issues with pages not loading correctly and downloads on my Switch constantly disconnecting. Had an engineer out this morning who was useless. His phone can connect so it's fine apparently even after being shown the issue.

Anyway, lots of googling later and it's my ethernet cable. For some reason, when the ethernet cable is plugged in the connection gets ****ed. Take it out and everything works fine. No idea why, on the forum it was suggested the brand of cable was the problem since changing to a different brand fixed it. I never had problems using this cable with my last provider so I'm going to put it down to Virgin's router being picky.

Comment

[MENTION=25]charlesr[/MENTION]

What’s with the adds suddenly appearing on site? Dam obtrusive on mobile bud and need to go. If it’s a question of money I’d happily donate a bit more each year to keep the site crap free.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post

What’s with the adds suddenly appearing on site? Dam obtrusive on mobile bud and need to go. If it’s a question of money I’d happily donate a bit more each year to keep the site crap free.
          Not seeing any ads on my phone (Android).

Comment

£16.50 "admin charge" to change address on TV license.

IT'S ALL DONE BY COMPUTERS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
              Not seeing any ads on my phone (Android).
              Came up right away in the Switch thread, not noticed it anywhere else so far, not like I’ve checked all threads though.

Comes up right through my iPhone ad blocker as well 🤬

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                Daft lad has gone to bed and I’m still up watching Makka effin Pakka and the tittyfurs.
                The missus loathes Makka Pakka too heh... but Kathryn adores the birds. Although she's now into Hey Duggie and Ben & Holly instead.
                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                  £16.50 "admin charge" to change address on TV license.

IT'S ALL DONE BY COMPUTERS!!!!
                  Yeah, it pisses me off when you get a "service charge" for paying for cinema tickets or similar. The reason you ****ers have a website is so that you don't have to pay employees to take bookings! It's a racket.

Comment

Came up right away in the Switch thread, not noticed it anywhere else so far, not like I’ve checked all threads though.

Comes up right through my iPhone ad blocker as well 🤬
                    Nothing for me. I'm on Android using chrome. Tried with and without my Adblocker.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                      Nothing for me. I'm on Android using chrome. Tried with and without my Adblocker.
                      Still popping up in just the Switch thread. Cleared all my browser settings, cookies, history and still comes back. Very strange.

Edit. It’s an eBay advert.
                      Last edited by fishbowlhead; 16-07-2019, 09:07.

Comment

Still popping up in just the Switch thread. Cleared all my browser settings, cookies, history and still comes back. Very strange.

Yep, I’ve been getting that too in the same thread.

Comment

This is weird. [MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION] reported the same a while back and then they stopped. but I don't think there should be any. When it happens would you check for clues as to where it comes from, for example skimlinks or Google etc? And screenshot please.

Comment

Exact link to the page it's happening on too please someone? Thanks

Comment

It’s on the most recent Switch page (161) and it looks like it has turned Asura’s eBay link into an ad that comes up over the bottom of the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                                Exact link to the page it's happening on too please someone? Thanks

Comes up as a little tab in the bottom right corner for a few seconds then the add loads itself.

Dog Thang is correct, turned the link into an add somehow.

Edit: I’m on iPhone.
                                Last edited by fishbowlhead; 16-07-2019, 13:34.

Comment

Working...
                                X