Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    No, it's a stupid idea.
    In the previous movie, Leia got sucked out an airlock and froze, before using the force to revive herself and fly back into the ship.

Luke used the force to project an invincible illusion of himself across time and space that was untouchable... Except when he touches something in the prior scene.

I don't think it being a stupid idea disqualifies anything at this point.

Comment

It's encouraging that you didn't open that with BB-8 having a slot seemingly for leprechauns to stuff coins into but I think when I mean it's stupid I mean in an even bigger, wider way. That in the third film of a trilogy that already kind of struggled due to the amount of elements in it, and especially when it comes to balancing old and new, it would throw the whole direction of the films off somewhere else in the last act, needing to establish a lot more new stuff that, really, the series hasn't been leading to. Now, I can't really say I'd be surprised because JJ made Lost and that was a show where, whenever they realised he didn't know what to do with a plot point (which was all of them), they just threw in a whole bucket full of new elements so this would be true to form... but stupid.

Comment

I'm certain it will end with a lingering shot of something hinting there could be a sequel. A light saber in the sand or something equally ****.

Comment

Star Wars Episode X: The Fall of the Phantom Empire
          Rogue pilot Casio Argos find himself stranded on a dust moon. Lost and without provisions he wanders the desertlands until he stumbles across a wandering rusted bot called 2GRL-1CP. Despite the aging memory circuits of the droid, Casio discovers that the rogue Star Destroyer fleet commander Darth Chlamydia is approaching orbit having taken the ragtag remains of the Third Resistance hostage. Salvaging a ruined X-Wing by repairing it with only a cigar end, a worn out lightsabre he found in the sand and some bubble gum, Casio boards the lead Destroyer where he frees and meets Ariel Hotpoint, Hersche Searider and the dashing Resistance hero Solero Starburst.

Comment

Rey's mum will wave her off as she goes to hang out with her friends. But then the Emperor's hand will smash out through the door and pull the mum in and then the car that Rey is driving off in will close its roof to reveal Freddy Krueger's jumper pattern... oh wait, wrong series.

Comment

The story involves two fictional countries, the peaceful Republic of Sardun and their aggressive neighbor Gamibia. Unable to defend themselves from a Gamibian incursion, Sardun sends Major Zara and General Byrne-White to ask the help of Mega Force...

Oh no wait, that's the plot of mega force...

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                Star Wars Episode X: The Fall of the Phantom Empire
                Rogue pilot Casio Argos find himself stranded on a dust moon. Lost and without provisions he wanders the desertlands until he stumbles across a wandering rusted bot called 2GRL-1CP. Despite the aging memory circuits of the droid, Casio discovers that the rogue Star Destroyer fleet commander Darth Chlamydia is approaching orbit having taken the ragtag remains of the Third Resistance hostage. Salvaging a ruined X-Wing by repairing it with only a cigar end, a worn out lightsabre he found in the sand and some bubble gum, Casio boards the lead Destroyer where he frees and meets Ariel Hotpoint, Hersche Searider and the dashing Resistance hero Solero Starburst.
                2GRL-1CP! BRILLIANT! I’ll manage the crowdfunding effort for you to make this.

Comment

So John Saxon for episode X then?

Comment

I think we just spitballed the plot for this instead

Comment

Ran my silly theory past a friend and he pointed out Rey's vision in The Last Jedi... a big line of Reys.

Comment

Ran my silly theory past a friend and he pointed out Rey's vision in The Last Jedi... a big line of Reys.
                        Oh wow, yeah. Plus...

... there's a scene in the final Heir to the Empire book where Luke fights a clone of himself.

Comment

Was that a comic? I had one with clones and Luke and I can’t quite remember what happened in it.

Expanding on my theory...

The source of this Force-powerful DNA? Luke’s severed hand, hence the presence of his lightsaber. And maybe the Reys were a failure and discarded because they didn’t develop Force powers... until they did, hence The Force Awakens. And if I’m really running with it, maybe Snoke was the best they got and that’s where he came from and how he has strong powers too. Which means that maybe the new Emperor might be part Skywalker in that part of Luke’s DNA was used to recreate him. I don’t know... how deep do I go with this?

Comment

Given this is the end of the Skywalker saga I now expect all of the required cloning samples to be conveniently stored in a single facility that's blown up at the end. Oh, and the facility has a Death Star beam

Comment

Was that a comic? I had one with clones and Luke and I can’t quite remember what happened in it.

Expanding on my theory...

The source of this Force-powerful DNA? Luke’s severed hand, hence the presence of his lightsaber. And maybe the Reys were a failure and discarded because they didn’t develop Force powers... until they did, hence The Force Awakens. And if I’m really running with it, maybe Snoke was the best they got and that’s where he came from and how he has strong powers too. Which means that maybe the new Emperor might be part Skywalker in that part of Luke’s DNA was used to recreate him. I don’t know... how deep do I go with this?
                              It was at the end of the final Heir to the Empire book.

Also about your spoiler, again, reaching into older stuff - that's part of the plot of Force Unleashed.

EDIT: Also, remember how Rey saw Bespin when she grabbed the lightsaber?

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                                EDIT: Also, remember how Rey saw Bespin when she grabbed the lightsaber?
                                Yeah, that's what got me thinking about it. That and it called Rey as if it is connected to her. This is how it could do that without her actually being his daughter.

Edit: I think the comic I was thinking of was Dark Empire.

Comment

Working...
                                X