PSVR Owners Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Iron Man VR landed on PlayStation VR

"For Ryan Payton, the moment of truth is drawing near. A few years ago, he convinced Jay Ong, the head of Marvel Games, to entrust him with Iron Man.

Payton’s studio, Camafloj, finally revealed what it was doing this week with Iron Man VR. They have been trying to perfect Iron Man’s flights of fancy in the three-dimensional spaces of virtual reality. I tried it out, and the experience is immersive. You point the PlayStation Move controllers, with your palms down and pressing buttons so that you can fire your thrusters and move upward in VR.

You can point a palm at an enemy and fire your Repulsor Beams. The motions are a lot like the fantasy of being Iron Man, and that’s the way Payton wants it. I talked to him at a recent Sony event about making the Iron Man of his dreams and bringing it to the world."

The PS4 Exclusive Iron Man VR Makes A Surprisingly Good First Impression

"“We’re not making a rail-shooter. We’re not making an amusement park game. We’re not making a short demo or an experimental Iron Man ‘experience,’” game developer Ryan Payton told me last week in New York City after I had finished a demo of his studio’s forthcoming game, Iron Man VR.

“We’re making a full game with a deep sandbox, with a deep story with plenty of great missions and great cinematics.”

Payton didn’t provide a count of hours or levels in the game, not that such things are metrics for quality, but in the medium of VR games, anyone making an original game and promising some heft is doing something unusual. Interesting as many VR games can be, unless they are modified versions of non-VR games, they tend to be slight.

Iron Man VR may be a grander thing. If Payton’s ambitions pay off, it could be a marquee game for PlayStation’s VR platform. It has been in development for two-and-a-half years at Camouflaj, the Bellevue, Washington studio founded by Payton, who previously worked on Halo and Metal Gear Solid. The game was born, Payton said, in a meeting at a hotel near E3 in 2016 after the announcement of Spider-Man for PS4. The head of Marvel’s gaming division was looking for VR games, Payton learned, and so he pitched them Iron Man."
    Last edited by QualityChimp; 03-04-2019, 14:01.

Comment

7 PSVR GAMES WE CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY

Blood & Truth
      Concrete Genie
      Everybody's Golf VR
      Falcon Age
      Marvel's Iron Man VR
      No Man's Sky VR
      Trover Saves the Universe

Comment

The PS4’s future is PlayStation VR

"The PS4 isn’t dead yet, but it’s certainly entering its twilight years. There are rumblings of a next-gen successor coming maybe even as early as next year. But there’s still life left in Sony’s console, and it’s increasingly looking like the future of the PS4 is going to be PlayStation VR.

Look at Sony’s recent State of Play announcement to get an idea of the direction things are going. The presentation was overwhelmingly focused on upcoming VR titles, including Iron Man VR, Blood & Truth, Five Nights at Freddy’s VR: Help Wanted, along with VR modes for games like Concrete Genie and No Man’s Sky.

A lot of that upcoming PSVR docket is exclusive to the console, too: so if you want to pretend to be a Guy Ritchie-esque spy, fly around like Iron Man, or create your own worlds in Dreams, you’ll need Sony’s console. It’s the same strategy that Sony’s used to great success for the base PS4 system. With only a small chunk of PS4 owners actually owning a PSVR, these new titles could be what helps get more of those customers to buy one."

Comment

Some impressions of 2019s key PSVR releases

Comment

For anyone like me struggling to get Move Controllers, I have found this website which checks stock levels at various places.
            At the moment I have left a Back order with Shopto. Lord knows when they'll get any.

BIG EDIT: The above website worked a treat because it told me Argos got some in and I immediately ordered that sucker. Collect them on Monday.
            Last edited by Cassius_Smoke; 04-04-2019, 09:46.

Comment

PSN UK Spring Sale
              (Stolen from HUKD)

(Transference & Tiny Trax for me, I think)

A Fisherman’s Tale - £9.29 (23% off) / £8.69 Plus (28% off)
              Apex Construct - £12.99 (48% off)
              Archangel - £8.99 (70% off)
              Arizona Sunshine - £11.59 (65% off) / £9.94 Plus (70% off)
              ASTRO BOT Rescue Mission - £24.99 (29% off)
              Bravo Team - £15.99 (36% off)
              Carnival Games VR - £3.99 (75% off)
              CastleStorm VR Edition - £3.99 (67% off)
              Catch & Release - £9.49 (41% off)
              Déraciné - £12.99 (48% off) / £11.74 Plus (53% off)
              Detached - £12.99 (57% off)
              Dick Wilde - £3.99 (67% off)
              Dick Wilde 2 - £9.99 (38% off)
              DOOM VFR - £15.99 (20% off)
              DRIVECLUB VR - £7.99 (50% off)
              Drunkn Bar Fight - £6.49 (41% off)
              Eagle Flight - £9.99 (71% off)
              Firewall Zero Hour - £15.99 (36% off) / £13.49 Plus (46% off)
              Fruit Ninja VR - £9.49 (32% off)
              Happy Drummer VR - £6.49 (44% off)
              I Expect You To Die - £7.99 (60% off)
              Just In Time Incorporated - £3.99 (67% off)
              Killing Floor: Incursion - £12.99 (19% off) / £11.39 Plus (29% off)
              League of War: VR Arena - £6.49 (66% off)
              Mind Labyrinth VR Dreams - £12.99 (35% off)
              MLB Home Run Derby VR - £7.99 (58% off)
              NBA 2KVR Experience - £6.19 (48% off)
              PlayStationVR Worlds - £15.99 (36% off)
              Red Matter - £18.74 (25% off)
              Rez Infinite - £12.49 (50% off)
              RIGS Mechanized Combat League - £5.79 (64% off)
              Sea of Memories - £3.29 (59% off)
              Space Pirate Trainer - £5.79 (50% off)
              Surgeon Simulator: Experience Reality - £3.99 (75% off)
              The American Dream - £6.49 (59% off)
              The Inpatient - £9.99 (38% off) / £8.39 Plus (48% off)
              The Persistence - £15.99 (36% off) / £13.49 Plus (46% off)
              Theseus - £3.99 (50% off)
              Time Carnage - £6.49 (59% off)
              Time Machine VR - £11.99 (50% off)
              Tiny Trax - £3.99 (69% off)
              To The Top - £9.49 (53% off)
              Transference - £12.99 (35% off)
              Tumble VR - £3.29 (59% off)
              Unearthing Mars - £3.99 (67% off)
              Unearthing Mars 2: The Ancient War - £4.99 (69% off)
              Until Dawn: Rush of Blood - £5.79 (64% off)
              VR Invaders - Complete Edition - £4.99 (67% off)
              VRobot - £4.99 (58% off)
              Werewolves Within - £11.99 (52% off)
              Windlands - £4.99 (74% off)

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=2842]Budge74[/MENTION], it was a faff navigating the website.
                There's no "Sale, filter by, VR" option.

Rush of Blood for me.

Comment

Other than the bigger names in that list (AstroBot, Rez), are there any other gems?
                  That Mars mystery one sounds interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    Other than the bigger names in that list (AstroBot, Rez), are there any other gems?
                    That Mars mystery one sounds interesting.
                    Love Firewall Zero hour. It is Tango hunt in VR.

Comment

Rez Infinate, firewall, rush of blood to start. I could go mad and hoover up a few.

Comment

Weird... I notice RIGS and DriveClub are there - aren't Sony about to turn the servers off for those?!

Comment

Driveclub, Driveclub VR, Bikes and all the DLC will be taken off the store in August, servers close next year.

I can’t see Rigs on the list of closed servers.
                          This is an important notice for all PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita and PSP owners regarding the online features of certain games.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                            Weird... I notice RIGS and DriveClub are there - aren't Sony about to turn the servers off for those?!
                            I spent all my time in single player mode with these two games. Unless you really need to play against real people there’s more than enough content to keep you entertained.

Comment

According to this article Iron Man VR offers 360 tracking using software jiggery pokery. Could prove to be a step forward for other games too if it works.

Iron Man VR was one of the nicest surprises at Sony’s PSVR event last week. True, we already knew about the game, but many agree the reveal trailer didn’t do it much justice. When we actually played the game, though, we found something with a surprising degree of

Comment

New footplate peripheral due soon the Foot Motion Controller. It’s an official PSVR rebrand of the 3DRudder VR peripheral. £119 though.

Comment

Working...
                                X