No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 2: REmake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoping its good with not too much faffing with the formula. Crimson heads spoiled REmake, hopefully pointless meddling isn't employed here too

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
      Hoping its good with not too much faffing with the formula. Crimson heads spoiled REmake, hopefully pointless meddling isn't employed here too
      That’s a odd take on Crimson Heads. I can’t say I’ve seen that opinion before, I can’t agree for three reasons;

A) You have one forced “boss” encounter, and one that can get up early depending on your route, but other than that it’s just another layer of supply/inventory management.

B) It encourages learning to not waste ammo, learn to avoid enemies. Not killing zombies and going past them/only killing them in routes that you’ll use regularly, and burning them with the plentiful supply of oil eliminates them as a threat completely.

C) You only see them in the first mansion visit, maybe 1/4 of the game. Once you leave for the guard house, you never really see them again as the Hunters remove any existing Crimsons that have spawned.

Comment

Crimson heads were also a genius way of incorporating new faster zombies without ruining the atmosphere created by slower traditional zombies. It was also one of the ways they added new and unexpected and scary elements to a game we were so familiar with. Crimson heads terrified me. That game is the most perfect remake ever made, balancing faithfulness, improvement, and originality to add so much without damaging the original in any way. If they can somehow match that with Resident Evil 2, I couldn't ask for any more.
        Last edited by noobish hat; 06-01-2019, 16:01. Reason: spelling

Comment

Crimsons were awesome. I still remember seeing one for the first time in that corridor with the mirror in the corner. Scared me a lot as I wasn't expecting it. It was a nice touch.

Comment

For me they just soured what had started as a strong opening experience. They felt like a needless chore added to something that just needed to be a prettier recreation of the original. I'm glad they never made it past the one entry.

Comment

I thought the Remake was worse than the original (Still great don't get me wrong) The music was so much better in the original and that really added to the game. Also I loved the B-Movie FMV intro in its uncut form on the Japanese version.

Can't wait for this game mind, Capcom is the best Japanese developer going at the mo and have been this and last gen Imo, I've never got the hate they get online

Comment

I love the remake but yeah, I prefer the original. It's got a charm to it.

Comment

Buy Resident Evil 2 / Biohazard RE:2 PC + DLC ✔️ CD Key ✔️ Instant download ✔️ Fantastic price ✔️ Game DLC ✔️

£31.19 on CDKeys for pc at the moment

Comment

Nice. Grabbing that. I reckon it will probably be £40 at launch.

Comment

Originally posted by huxley View Post
                      https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/resi...c-steam-cd-key
                      £31.19 on CDKeys for pc at the moment
                      €35.59 for me. Tempted.

Comment

A one shot demo will be released on the 11th January for PS4,Xbox One and PC.You get 30 minutes to play the demo and once the clock ticks down,that’s your lot.An exclusive trailer is shown once the demo is complete.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
                          A one shot demo will be released on the 11th January for PS4,Xbox One and PC.You get 30 minutes to play the demo and once the clock ticks down,that’s your lot.An exclusive trailer is shown once the demo is complete.
                          Shall be download this for the Xbox One X and PS4 Pro to extend the demo

Comment

Any theories on why Crapcom have decided on this frankly bizarre type of demo?

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                              To keep anticipation high? I rinsed the original RE2 demo hundreds of times when I was younger. I wouldn't want to do that now and I doubt I'll try the demo, will only spoil the full experience for me!

I've got a good feeling about this one.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                                For the hype, and to get people talking. I think it’s a good idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X