Can someone name me two arcade games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone name me two arcade games?

Pretty sure I've seen [MENTION=1524]Yakumo[/MENTION] videos about both, but the posts were lost in the purge.

1) A game like Chase-HQ, but I remember it having MANY more onscreen sprites and even right-angled corners. It was visually a bit of a mess but took those sprite-scaling-style racing games to an extreme.

2) A kind of Metal Slug-type arcade game. I just remember there being some level where the characters were riding a dolphin? Maybe the whole game? It had 3D elements though.

1) No idea.
    2) Dolphin Blue (Atomiswave).

Comment

1. Lucky and Wild?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        1. Lucky and Wild?
        https://youtu.be/_RqqaqUHsuU
        That looks incredible!

Comment

Turns out it was Cisco Heat.

Comment

It's brilliant, Zaki!

Glad you sussed it, Asura.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
              Turns out it was Cisco Heat.
              Yep, if was Cisco Heat. A game with a different but good port on the Amiga and ST.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
                That looks incredible!
                One person drove, the other shot. They used to have it at Pontins at Camber Sands...

Comment

Alton Towers had one, too.

Comment

Lucky and Wild is the game that Punt and Dennis did for Games Master TV show... I remember it because it was the same day I did my filming heh, and was able to chat with them for a while, along with Paul Whitehouse.
                    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                      Lucky and Wild is the game that Punt and Dennis did for Games Master TV show... I remember it because it was the same day I did my filming heh, and was able to chat with them for a while, along with Paul Whitehouse.
                      Int games Brilliant! *I'll get my coat*

Comment

There's a Lucky and Wild at Four Quarters barcade in Stratford. Nicely restored, too. I have to say I actually didn't think it was the best game when I played it (in 2P), though it's a great idea. Maybe I just need to give it more time.

The Starsky and Hutch game on PS2 did the same thing if you connected a steering wheel and a G-Con2!

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                          The Starsky and Hutch game on PS2 did the same thing if you connected a steering wheel and a G-Con2!
                          Yes! We hammered this!
                          I might dig it out as it was loads of fun.

Comment

Not to be a total pedant, but there were two guns in Lucky & Wild! One lucky punter got to drive and shoot at the same time, and was inevitably why with a lot of people I remember us regularly steering off the road

Comment

I came in here hoping to just name two arcade games and be done with it.

Instead I'm greeted with a challenge that was solved within a few posts.

1/10

Comment

Working...
                              X