No announcement yet.

Massive Fail. Really sorry. Please read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done Charles for all your hard work.
    I don't understand anything you've written up above but I'm glad you do

Comment

I was wondering last night: would it be possible to crowd source some kind of restoration project?

I've no idea of the extent to which the backups were corrupted and if anything useful is salvageable. Another idea was harnessing Google's cache or the Wayback machine and parsing the pages but I just tried and didn't find anything really useful.

I guess it comes down to feasibility and motivation(both to actually do the needful and how meh we are towards recovering our drunken irk posts).

At the very least, I'd volunteer to try and recover JazzFunk's pearls of wisdom

Comment

Pearls of what now?

Comment

Wisdom.

I realise now that it sounds a bit like I'm volunteering to 'milk' him. Which I am.

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
            Pearls of what now?
            Jizzdom.

Comment

No biggy.

Comment

Site would appear to have lost some 150 members in the data-loss, too. It was a couple shy of 11k the other day, I think?

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                  I was wondering last night: would it be possible to crowd source some kind of restoration project?

I've no idea of the extent to which the backups were corrupted and if anything useful is salvageable. Another idea was harnessing Google's cache or the Wayback machine and parsing the pages but I just tried and didn't find anything really useful.

I guess it comes down to feasibility and motivation(both to actually do the needful and how meh we are towards recovering our drunken irk posts).

At the very least, I'd volunteer to try and recover JazzFunk's pearls of wisdom
                  Thanks for the wayback idea. I found one of the Fire Emblem reviews on there

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                    Site would appear to have lost some 150 members in the data-loss, too. It was a couple shy of 11k the other day, I think?
                    Yeah I think so - normally a few each week. Bummer. Not sure how best to alert them when they arrive and can't login.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                      Yeah I think so - normally a few each week. Bummer. Not sure how best to alert them when they arrive and can't login.
                      A banner on the "can't log in page" might help.

Comment

It's a shame a lot was lost but on the bright side you at least still have it up & running, threads can be recreated. Out of curiosity i checked to see if my ds game retrospective was still on, thankfully it was. I really should take this oppertunity to revive it and restore all the pics in the threads as they have gone thanks to my hosting option gone (again).

Will be fun add some more games too seeing as i have many more games to share.

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
                          A banner on the "can't log in page" might help.
                          Easier said than done, but I can change the text that appears when it fails to login I think. I'll get on it.

Comment

Testing

Edit: I should be blue. I’ll pm you charles.

Edit 2 Thanks, blue again.
                            Last edited by SuperDanX; 09-01-2018, 14:26.

Comment

I believe I should be Blue, I can't send PMs because I'm over my non-blue limit!

Comment

Pm me the email attached to your PayPal account dude

Comment

Working...
                                X