No announcement yet.

Splinter Cell: Conviction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just got into this and I'm loving it. It's my first splinter cell so I don't know if that helps or not. Very detailed environments and I'm enjoying the story, despite not knowing what came before. It's quite fun hiding and watching guys walk around, waiting to pop up and kill them. It does seem a bit glitchy though. It often randomly exits to the desktop quite often though I've not lost any major progress so far. This is also my first experience with ubi's new drm. I hate the idea of it but so far it hasn't caused any problems, unless the exiting to the desktop is the drm at work.

Also this sums up the enemies perfectly for me:

Comment

Why can't main menu options be available in-game at the click of a button in this day and age?

Been playing for the PEC stealth challenge and I've had enough of quitting out to the main menu and loading and sitting through the same boring cutscene.

Comment

There is now a patch for this, it fixes the Realistic achievement glitch, mine popped on the main menu last night.

Comment

Me so happy for you Jimmie!

Comment

Decided to give this a rental as I had some vouchers.
            Started on co-op mode and had completely forgotten how to play it from playing the demo, so had a long session with it last night and really got in the spinter cell zone, I was marking people like crazy and being a proper stealth ninja, started to feel very bad ass. Went back to co-op last night with better understanding of how it all works, seemed better but after it then the pain began.
            Went to load up my single player save, save corrupted...UBISOFT YOU GLITCHY-BUGGY FFFFFFFFFFFFF grrrr, wouldn't load the save AT ALL. So I had to delete it and start all over again, at least it is still fresh in my mind and I did a few levels fairly quickly.
            So yeah I am enjoying single player (bar the corrupt save) and co-op is looking good also, not bad at all.

Comment

as this was part of my 360 Elite bundle i thought to give this a try before selling it. i am glad i did as it's fun while you can play it stealthy in old Splinter Cell fashion. unfortunately it gets worse if you trigger a firefight and get chased around by stupid enemies, sometimes coming directly at you. overall the single player campaign feels patch-worked and, most of all, outdated, both technically and gameplay-wise. some levels make me feel like i play an original Xbox game in respect to graphic quality as there is lots of aliasing and very basic texture work.

haven't tried the co-op yet but i hear it's supposed to be the better part of the game?

Comment

I've never liked Splinter Cell, I'll be honest. I've always considered it awful compared to MGS but, being desperate to play some more 3rd person action goodness I borrowed this from work.

I've just finished it and thought it was brilliant! Looked great, controlled well (except for some interesting context sensitive confusion) and the sound design was excellent.

Slightly disappointed with the length of the game (I finished it in two 3 hour sittings) and the story just sort of ended. I felt that there was scope for at least one more level after the final cutscene.

Still, so impressed am I that I'm going to convince a mate to buy it so we can do some co-op action.

Good stuff.

When the poll is put on this is going to get 8 / 10.

Comment

Finished this last night and it does just end. I was expecting something after the Oval Office but then ........... credits...........

Good game though and better than Alpha Protocol. I must admit i was expecting a level where Sam Fisher is in Jail as i seem to remember a ton of screenshots where he's locked up. Have i missed a game in the series??

Have to agree that it's not a long game by any stretch but its pretty much action packed throughout. There is just something so satisfying about headshotting baddies with a silenced gun

The excecute works pretty well also. I did find some of the levels were trial and error in a lot of cases and got the feeling that the game forces you down one route to complete each level rather than let you work out your own way off doing things.

Not bad though. 7/10

Comment

Picked this up cheap today and started playing it earlier.

What a horrible game, the controls are atrocious, vault over cover is the same button as you use to pick up weapons, in the middle of a fire fight i end up volting all over the place like a 12 year old gymnast whos just discovered how to use a horse (even though youre suppose to be about 60). Speaking of the firefights, the shooting controls are pretty terrible too, it feels like such a mess when things kick off and Sam Fisher seems to be the worse shot in the history of action gaming.

Of course for most part its a stealth game, but its not even good at that, it constantly switches from black and white to colour and back and Im afraid its going to give me some sort of epileptic fit, the mark and execute mechanic was much better done in James Bond Blood Stone, and again the controls are just so damn twitchy Im generaly just all over the place as I try to sneak around in the dark.

Also the graphics are rubbish with loads of horrible screen tearing and crappy looking environments, plus he runs around like a constipated chimp which just looks stupid.

What a load of rubbish, how the heck did this get good reviews?
                    Last edited by rmoxon; 08-02-2011, 19:41.

Comment

I think you're doing it wrong.

It switches to black and white when you are hidden, so you're obviously jumping in and out of shadows. Also I never noticed any problems vaulting out of cover unintentionally, and you're controlling Sam Fisher's movements, if you're saying he's a bad shot, it's obviously down to your poor aim.

I seem to recall the graphics being very, very good too. The daytime approach to the white house stands out as a very rich environment, with lots and lots and lots of detail gone into the surroundings.

Comment

Originally posted by mekanor View Post
                        I think you're doing it wrong.

It switches to black and white when you are hidden, so you're obviously jumping in and out of shadows. Also I never noticed any problems vaulting out of cover unintentionally, and you're controlling Sam Fisher's movements, if you're saying he's a bad shot, it's obviously down to your poor aim.

I seem to recall the graphics being very, very good too. The daytime approach to the white house stands out as a very rich environment, with lots and lots and lots of detail gone into the surroundings.
                        I'm not doing anything wrong, I know why it switches to black and white, dosnet make it any better that it does it all the time though, plus why would you want to play it in black and white anyway? its a ridculous idea really.

I find it amusing that youre basicaly saying I'm crap at things like aiming the gun in it despite the fact that I play all kinds of shooters on an almost daily basis. The guns just dont seem very accurate, though it could also just be that enemies take about 20 shots unless you shoot them in the head. Youre talking to me like Ive never played a game in my life which is pretty insulting. It just has very poor controls that are reminiscent of a PS1 Syphon Filter game or somthing simular. The button layout is also just plain dreadful.

Plus for a stealth game this has increadabley poor stealthy bits, you sneak up on people and then they see you and scream at you for about 5 minutes before attacking you or sounding an alarm or whatever. the only reason there is any challenge to it is becuase you are constantly wrestling with the controls.

As for you thinking the graphics are good.... thats the most shocking statment youve made, they are absolubtley terrible in places, not that you can see them very well anyway when the game is really dark and black and white for 70% of the time. But still, they are really rubbish from a technical standpoint.
                        Last edited by rmoxon; 09-02-2011, 11:37.

Comment

I actually really really enjoyed this. Was very surprised by the new ideas, the changes in pace, the executions, the co-op and the streamlining.

Might post more thoughts later. Is anyone still playing?

Comment

I still play occasionally as I really enjoyed it. A friend and I have been hit by an achievement glitch and are replaying all the levels in Hunter mode to make it pop. We haven't got to the DLC because of this yet.

Comment

I was messing around with U:Play and seemed to download Infiltration?

It didn't cost any money - just the U:Play points. It's weird how they would stonewall content like this.

Was also surprised the achievements didn't stack for normal difficulty and Realistic - I started on realistic and I doubt I'll finish it again on normal unless it to complete the challenges.

Very enjoyable 6-8 hour run through on the single player. The perfect break from the life drain that is Pokemon.

Comment

I just finished the campaign mode of this a couple of weeks ago, and then went straight into Arkham Asylum. I tried to go back to play the Denied Ops yesterday, but after Batman the stealth and controls feel clumsy.

Not a bad game, but not a fantastic one either.

Comment

Working...
                                X