No announcement yet.

Street Fighter V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So does this Arcade Edition come in an actual arcade cabinet now?

Comment

Arcade Edition upgrade is phenomenal! This is the game that should have launched first time around.

All this "games as a service" and having seasons for sets of characters is dumb.

Comment

Does season 3 come with Arcade Edition?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
          Does season 3 come with Arcade Edition?
          Nope. Just 1 & 2.

Comment

Just played streetfighter 2 arcade mode, wow the original background and sound all remixed to perfection, what a update as people say this is how it should have been from the start, but as it’s a free update everyone is happy.

well done Capcom.

Comment

Seeing a lot of negative reviews on steam since the patch update. Not sure why as haven't played it for about 1 year.

Comment

Played the arcade version this week and it's a case of can't polish a turd, single player is much welcome. However art direction is awful, characters look poor and bland compared to IV, even the Beta of Fighting EX Layer looked much better. A.I. is also terrible in a lot of the matches I played.

Presentation isn't that good, the fact it gives you the date before each fight is just uneeded. As for the gameplay well too many characters are missing key moves from other games in the series, V ism isn't that interesting, mucking around with the inputs for classic moves doesn't help and it all feels very rushed, unfinished and unbalanced.

There's still a pay wall blocking most stages still and the arcade release don't include most of the DLC outfits from even the first year. The fight money system is clearly just a disguise for paid for DLC. £24.99 for six character from season 3? £15 would be a far reasonable price. It's a game that still needs a lot of work perhaps will get a finished version two more years down the line. Far better than the original release that was more like a BETA trial quite frankly

Comment

Been enjoying this and the free Arcade Edition update/Sakura free for a week.

Has some good little tweaks. Yes Arcade Mode is good fun, took Capcom a while to add. Still wish the Stages were free and All Costumes could be bought with Fight Money. I had some good online matches too. Extra Battle is good Shin Akuma is rock hard.

I think they should have either gone the way of Tekken and when you buy a character you get their Stage. I suppose the Season pass for all Characters is good though in SFV just wish they gave Season 3 Characters for free to whomever already bought the original game.

Comment

Street Fighter V - 30TH ANNIVERSARY COSTUME SET

Showing up as FREE for some reason, probably a bug.

Comment

I downloaded them a couple of days ago and they're working. Are they meant to be for a price?

Comment

Managed to have a dabbler with the game for a bit last night. To be fair, the plus is that Arcade Edition does seem to give you the game that SFV should have been two years ago. It's long and bumpy road this point remains the biggest issue the game has as Capcom has pretty much decimated any good will remaining but for anyone thinking of jumping in now it's a good all round package and the PC versions oddities I used to get also seem to have been ironed out.

Certainly though, Capcom can forget any notion of getting a single penny out me for future content. Their constant nickel and diming of the game is a straight no go for me from here on so I won't put any more money into SFV until the inevitable Final Edition

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
                          There's still a pay wall blocking most stages still and the arcade release don't include most of the DLC outfits from even the first year. The fight money system is clearly just a disguise for paid for DLC. £24.99 for six character from season 3? £15 would be a far reasonable price. It's a game that still needs a lot of work perhaps will get a finished version two more years down the line. Far better than the original release that was more like a BETA trial quite frankly
                          I agree with you regarding Capcom not including the initial roster's Battle costumes for free (or a significantly reduced amount). Although the FM system isn't a disguise for DLC it isn't given easily nor swiftly. I'm regularly hesitant to spend the FM earned on other things as I'm well aware now how long it takes to accrue the necessary FM to unlock a new character.

£15.00 for the recent character pass would have been better value. Given that SNK charged £15 for 4 characters that were added to KOF XIV, the cheaper price point would surely shift more units at the lower price.

I pretty much agree with you on the state of SFV at launch. Barebones is an understatement. Thank God Capcom's added some fat to those bones now though.
                          Last edited by Paddy; 20-02-2018, 10:28.

Comment

Working...
                          X