This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Colin View Post
    Arseholes Jamie, I hate stuff like that.

My enormous irk tonight is that my favourite burger place in Scotland has just released a new menu and my favourite burger is no longer on it. You have no idea just how big an irk this is for me, burgers are my favourite meal and this one was legendary.
    I never tire of burgers. I don’t know why.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
      The Sugar tax has killed everything.
      Have any Polish shops locally? You can buy unadulterated versions of some popular branded soft drinks in those. Or new varieties; a local has drinks like Fanta in flavours I’ve never seen sold at UK retail. Even found grape Fanta in a Romanian shop a couple of months ago, which was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
        Arseholes Jamie, I hate stuff like that.

My enormous irk tonight is that my favourite burger place in Scotland has just released a new menu and my favourite burger is no longer on it. You have no idea just how big an irk this is for me, burgers are my favourite meal and this one was legendary.
        And now you have to explain how legendary it actually was. What's in it? Come on, man. Deets.

Comment

Originally posted by Protocol Penguin View Post
          Have any Polish shops locally? You can buy unadulterated versions of some popular branded soft drinks in those. Or new varieties; a local has drinks like Fanta in flavours I’ve never seen sold at UK retail. Even found grape Fanta in a Romanian shop a couple of months ago, which was nice.
          Not tried grape but in Japan many years ago I loved their Fanta Melon Soda.

Comment

Grape is overrated. We had it in Singapore. You get sick of it after two bottles.

This is coming from someone who drank absolutely nothing else from the Shenmue vending machines. Grape Ka is superior.

Now we have blackcurrant flavour in Holland. I might try some tomorrow, however I reserve all of my garbage drinking allowance on glass bottled Coke/Cherry Coke. The problem with Cherry Coke is that it sends me into rage mode whenever I visit forums, for some reason.

Comment

Glass bottles of Coke. Claude have mercy!

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                Grape is overrated. We had it in Singapore. You get sick of it after two bottles.

This is coming from someone who drank absolutely nothing else from the Shenmue vending machines. Grape Ka is superior.

Now we have blackcurrant flavour in Holland. I might try some tomorrow, however I reserve all of my garbage drinking allowance on glass bottled Coke/Cherry Coke. The problem with Cherry Coke is that it sends me into rage mode whenever I visit forums, for some reason.
                Have you been drinking cherry coke since joining then? .
                Last edited by fishbowlhead; 25-04-2018, 08:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Protocol Penguin View Post
                  This reminds me of how, when I was a kid in the 80s, we used to get confectionery from a market stall. It came in these weird, plain packets (or just shrink-wrapped clear packaging), and I never gave it too much thought.

It's only as an adult that someone told me it was probably communist chocolate, imported from somewhere in the Soviet Union.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                    This reminds me of how, when I was a kid in the 80s, we used to get confectionery from a market stall. It came in these weird, plain packets (or just shrink-wrapped clear packaging), and I never gave it too much thought.

It's only as an adult that someone told me it was probably communist chocolate, imported from somewhere in the Soviet Union.

Confirmed commie, take him down boys!

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                      Confirmed commie, take him down boys!
                      Come to think of it, given the dates, this was after the fall of the Berlin Wall. I suspect it was because whoever manufactured those things for domestic consumption during Soviet rule suddenly found themselves able to export, and they'll probably have made a fair whack from that as I think their currency devalued in the turmoil as the government fell.

Comment

So I lost my job. Not so much an irk, more a gut punching shock. I really need a change of direction. I just feel so lost.

Comment

What do you do? I was 36 when i changed careers, best thing i ever did.

Comment

Originally posted by Pavey View Post
                            What do you do? I was 36 when i changed careers, best thing i ever did.
                            I'm 36 too. I work in IT. Just fell in to it in my early 20s. Never known what I wanted to be when I grow up.

Comment

See it as an opportunity, Smokester.

Have you any ideas what you'd like to change your career to?

We can help with many comedy suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                                I'm 36 too. I work in IT. Just fell in to it in my early 20s. Never known what I wanted to be when I grow up.
                                If I had to have a do over I’d retrain as an electrician. Go anywhere in the world and get work.
                                Last edited by fishbowlhead; 25-04-2018, 14:57.

Comment

Working...
                                X