No announcement yet.

Monster Hunter World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for help with the Odogaron the other day, Kryss. That must have been quite a step back for you! Sent your Palico out on a Tailraider Safari and he brought back some good loot. Still taking it slow, bagged me my first Diablos last night, which I managed solo and was chuffed about. Hope to pop my HR cherry soon!

Comment

[MENTION=3687]Golgo[/MENTION], it's not the destination but the journey in MH:W. The trick is to enjoy the game at the pace you like because it's really clever how it caters for players of all ability.

Comment

[MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION], I agree, I'm really enjoying plodding along with it. It's almost miraculous how the devs have managed to provide a sliding scale of enjoyable experience for all players regardless of their levels of time-commitment and so on. Still, after checking into the cherry blossom season it was a bit galling to see I was too low level to even try most events and get hold of some cool stuff (such as the Mega Man palico gear), but it's good to know that they're coming back (like the Horizon Zero Dawn gear this time, which my palico has been rocking). I wonder what future seasonal events they'll have? I'm guessing a spooky Halloween season, would be cool. Anyway, hope to bag me a Rathalos tonight and then steal some eggs. Story quest to find the First Wyverian was a 'challenge'. After wandering around for an hour I cheated and went to the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
          Thanks for help with the Odogaron the other day, Kryss. That must have been quite a step back for you! Sent your Palico out on a Tailraider Safari and he brought back some good loot. Still taking it slow, bagged me my first Diablos last night, which I managed solo and was chuffed about. Hope to pop my HR cherry soon!
          The part of MH I've always enjoyed is helping others with their quests, and that is something that will keep me playing. Are you not up high enough for the Tulve Karoth seige? You get a ton of weapons as spoils when you or someone on your server beats it. It'll be back in a month or two if you miss it this time I imagine.

Comment

^ I doubt it, I'm still doing low rank quests. There's nothing unlocked in special events for me yet.

Comment

You can only see the Tulve Karoth Seige from the Hunters Hub "Celestial Pursuit" (4F)

Comment

Ah, ok, will check ta...

Comment

i think it HR15, however while you'll be able to damage him well, stage2 on wards will one shot anyone under 400def and without decent fire resist and for those with out a block on the weapons he has some massive hit boxes which can be impossible to avoid.

as kyrs says the event does give ioads of r6 weapons, and you keep a reward progress(caps at lvl17) even on failing or timing out, so even if you don't get a stage 4 horn breaker (the many objective which gets you 4 to 6 carves for more weapons) you can still get the mission rewards on another team winning or you can exit the online session(to a new one) to cash in the current reward level so you don't have wait on others.

Comment

I haven’t played for ages now. You lot are likely higher HR than me. I keep going to boot it up, but I can’t bring myself to do it.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Well I'm only HR97 as I've spent the last few days on Kulve Taroth, which pays out in weapons but not in XP.
                      I'm planning to be HR100 before the weekend.

Comment

I’m 87 I think. I’ve not played for about six weeks.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                          Well I'm only HR97 as I've spent the last few days on Kulve Taroth, which pays out in weapons but not in XP.
                          I'm planning to be HR100 before the weekend.
                          if you break the horns on stage 4 you get exp worth half a bar around HR94 which is what im at.

Comment

It seems more like 1/3 of a bar I think.

Comment

It depends on your TV I find.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Couldn't sleep so got up at 04:30 and decided to have a quick pre-dawn blast, and who should be online but [MENTION=9333]kryss[/MENTION]? Helped me get some herbivore eggs for breakfast, then off to hunt a Rathalos we went. Learnt me some good tricks, like the old 'slip a barrel bomb under it's sleeping chin' gambit, which kryss helpfully explained with "you go boom". Also enjoyed seeing how dam could be broken to wash the evil blighter down the mountain. Great stuff, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X