Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Retro) What have you been playing this week? Vol.2

Old thread here -

Friendly Import video game discussion forum, informative reviews, NTSC (Japan / US) and PAL - BordersDown (previously known as NTSC-uk)

This is my thread!

Comment

Old one is waaaaaaay past the 200 page threshold I'm afraid, should've been closed 50 pages ago.

Comment

It's only 50 pages long in badass mode.

Comment

Sorry to derail the thread but I've been playing 3S and KoF 2002 via Fightcade. Only just discovered FC existed and wow, what an experience it is.

Been great dusting off "Big Bertha", my old MAS Systems stick from BITD. Pros will scoff at the Happ parts but boy is it fun to play on compared to the usual Sanwa/Seimitsu setups. The circular gate makes Hugo's 360s a doddle to pull off. I love to block an opponent, let them get their combo off then, BANG, spinning piledriver their arse!

Comment

Talmit's Adventure.

The game just trolled the **** out of me. I entered a warp door near the end of the game and got taken to the very first level in world 1!

Thankfully I've been taking note of the passwords when I die

-edit-
            And beat. The slowdown can be a pain and the platforming can be a bit too precise but it was charming and fun. The end screen challenged me to beat it on the "Games Master" difficulty but I think I'll try that another time.
            Last edited by Cepp; 29-08-2015, 21:09.

Comment

Today I've mainly been playing Jaguar Tempest 2000, such a great game. Really need to get a rotary controller ordered though.

Comment

Been playing my Snes and Super R-Type and Super Metroid and love them both - The music to Super R-Type is bloody brilliant

Comment

Is Super R-Type any good then? I've never actually played that one.

Not playing much really. Sensible Soccer has been keeping me entertained this past week.

Comment

Is Super R-Type any good then? I've never actually played that one.
                    People will moan about the slowdown and all that. I think its a great shooter with a pumping soundtrack (that really gets you into the game and sounds stunning) and for the time amazing visuals . Love the game myself . The music score to level 3 is simply stunning like the level backdrops

Imo this game features some of the best sound effects music to any Snes game
                    Last edited by Team Andromeda; 30-08-2015, 11:58.

Comment

I'll check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                        I'll check it out.
                        Just make sure the Snes is set up to a Amp or the like . This game really does sound awesome and was the game that really to me make the Mega Drive audio hardware seem crap

Comment

I've had my snes hooked up since 1994. [emoji4]

Comment

Started playing some MD in my office at lunch (emulated, with scanlines, CRT filter, monitor on game mode etc.). Been playing Sonic 1 mostly. Literally everyone who has walked past has stopped to reminisce about playing it as a kid, and how nostalgic that first stage is, with the orange, the green, the music. Some people have actually sat down to play it with me, which is fun.

Just wish I had a 6-button pad and USB converter, instead of having to use my USB SNES pad.

Comment

Just landed myself a Phillips CRT 21" from 2005...picture is stunning!!! I've had to play around with picture setting as it was too vibrant. Happy with it now. Sadly...as always..i can't capture the true image. Also..it does colour famicom composite (although that will still get a RGB Mod)
                              And I'm currently play KOF 99Evo....

url=http://www.picoolio.net/image/akQ][/url]

Comment

Working...
                              X