America's Darkest Days II: Blackest Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

America's Darkest Days II: Blackest Night

Yeah, Trump really is President of the United States. Least qualified person ever.

So, anyone read Fire and Fury yet? I'm a couple of chapters in. Worth a read so far.
    Last edited by MartyG; 05-01-2018, 20:34.

Like the edit

For some reason I like the idea of going the full hog with the titles seeing as how we'll likely get enough material from Trumps ****show for each year of his term to cover a thread per annum.

Year One: America: Darkest Days
    Year Two: America II: Blackest Night
    Year Three: America III: Beware Trump's Power
    Year Four: America IV: Re-election Hope's Light!

Why the play on Green Lantern's oath? No idea

Comment

Dammit. I was hoping Charlesr time travel experiment had worked for a second. Back to the drawing board Charlesr.

Comment

Can't believe Trump's administration have been so foolish as to draw so much attention to the book. I honestly thought he and his staff were at least talented at this sort of stuff (it's how he got elected after all). I mean they must know about "The Streisand Effect".

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post

So, anyone read Fire and Fury yet?.
          No, but Trump Tower is on fire at the moment and I'm sure he's furious about it

Fire department says blaze started around 7 a.m. at building that contains Trump's home, business offices

Comment

The whole current discussion about Oprah potentially considering running for President in 2020 which, though it's come up before, has surged following her brief speech at the Golden Globes winds me with despair.

America needs to get over this fixation with making the Presidents role a TV Celeb contest, they've learnt nothing and if a suitably experienced front running contender cannot come forward from the parties own ranks then Americas darkest days likely still lie ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
              The whole current discussion about Oprah potentially considering running for President in 2020 which, though it's come up before, has surged following her brief speech at the Golden Globes winds me with despair.

America needs to get over this fixation with making the Presidents role a TV Celeb contest, they've learnt nothing and if a suitably experienced front running contender cannot come forward from the parties own ranks then Americas darkest days likely still lie ahead.
              The fact that trump became president should answer any and all questions regarding the USA on any subject.

Comment

Kanye for 2020.

Comment

We might as well kill ourselves now.

He'll interrupt Oprah's inauguration speech with "I'ma let you finish".

Comment

"This celebrity president isn't working out the way we planned.
                    What other celebrities could we vote for?"

Comment

Might as well throw Miley Cyrus into the mix.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post

This is a daft story though; it's complete non-news. Oprah never said she should run; the host of the Golden Globes made a joke that she should run, given that we already have a TV celeb as president.

This led to Twitter chatter about it and then some news outlets have run with "there is hubbub about Oprah running for president".

Comment

Meanwhile: https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...a7d7&tid=sm_tw

The White House is struggling to contain the national discussion about President Trump’s mental acuity and fitness for the job

Comment

"Doesn't he look tired."

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                              The fact that no one asked that BEFORE they gave him the job is the bigger question.

If he was put through even the most basic test of mental health he’d not get anywhere near a set of toxin free crayons let alone put in charge of a country.
                              Last edited by fishbowlhead; 09-01-2018, 14:45.

Comment

Working...
                              X