No announcement yet.

Split Second (360, PS3 & PC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find clearing each of the events easy enough but I've been making a concentrated effort to Gold everything for 100% completion and the difficulty is all over the place. Some events are a push over to Gold but some are a nightmare. Add in 2 of the trophies being for completing courses in times around 3 seconds faster than the already silly Gold times.

Comment

This game is the utter nuts, i totally love it

Comment

Is there anyone who has played Midnight Club: LA who feels able to make a comparison?

I thought Midnight Club: LA widdled all over Burnout Paradise by a country mile.

Comment

Still playing it, now on Ep 7 (out of 12) and it is stilll unlocking tracks and game modes. However the bull**** nature of the AI is now in full effect. Infact it makes those car stats look utterly pointless (except maybe drift) because otherwise there is no other way of explain how two monster trucks can overtake and outrun the fastest sports car on the final bend and straight.

I'm betting in SS2 those car stats are no longer relevant, in Single player at least.

Comment

If you choose the crappiest car, you have about the same chance of winning. The AI adapts to your stats, ie it will always outrun you by a small margin. So its just a crap AI.

That, plus the fact that online has no class system makes any different car virtually useless. They could've thrown in 1 car and SP mode would stay the same while online would be balanced. Now then, if this isn't crappy design then what is?

I'd say this game is just badly designed and actually not really fun to play. I didn't bother to finish it (I am at Ch 11 or so). Winning golds didn't feel skilled or fun, but simply robotic as its basically required to use certain level 2's at certain spots.

Get Blur.. or MNR.
            Last edited by saturn-gamer; 31-05-2010, 06:53.

Comment

Blur is on order

Its not a bad game, its just a badly finished off. The presentation is top notch, as is the idea. I can just about handle (cheating) rubberbanded AI, but the rules of engagement for AI cars are totally different than yours.

For example, if they nudge your car slightly from behind you will loose control. Try the same against them, it doesn't work. You cannot also barge them out of the way either, they just POWER through you, they have even gone underneath my car when I have tried to block them!

Comment

I think you'll love Blur. The handling is very different to SS, but I haven't encountered any unfairness in the single player game so far, although admittedly it's still early days. I was concerned that Blur's single player would be annoyingly cheap, but although it's tough, it hasn't had me getting frustrated at all as yet.

Comment

I'm still thoroughly enjoying this, it really is an awesome game. Not having too many problems with the AI myself, I find it's just matter of playing your power plays at the right time coupled with some good racing of course.

Just finished an elite race where I was third for pretty much the entire race, couldn't really get close enough to the front two. It came to the last lap (the last few corners to be exact) and I used a level three power play which I had been saving. Thanks to that power play part of the course collapsed on both of them (quite spectacularly), opening up a new route which allowed me to zoom on through for victory. Needless to say, it felt great!

Comment

I chopped this in today at HMV as I went off it incredibly quickly having loved it initially.

Got Blur to compare and contrast later. Whats interesting is last I looked all 3 racer are metacriticting at 82%.

Wht surprises me with this is that in some respects the studio has gone backwards from Pure, its just not as good a racing game at all, its more of a tech demo.

For my money so far this isn't half the game Modnation is, will form a view on Blur later.

Comment

In contrast, I think they (Black Rock Studios) have done really well with this and certainly moved on from Pure which was also a really good game. I think this is one awesome arcade racer, pure mayhem.

Comment

i love the idea of it & I was initially totally wowed by it, just found it got very repetitive very quickly and the flaws that I overlooked initially as stuff was blowing up then really started to grate and annoy.

I certainly have interest in sequels, they just need to marry a tweaked driving model, some more variety and sort out the unfair AI.

Comment

Sounds like it has the same problems i had with Pure. Loved Pure at first then i got bored with it very quickly.

Comment

Im still really loving it and im at episode 12 now, trying to get all the golds or beat my friends times in trial or just survival. i feel this game is getting some negative views on here which are a little unfair , if Criterion made this it be the emperor's new clothes, just how MNR isnt getting the recognition cause the big N never made it, and BRS is only a new and young dev team and Pure was a cracking 1st title and this builds on their reputation, its not perfect , no game is, its just a fun arcade racer with huge explosions, which i can stick on for a few hours and enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterBubbles View Post
                              i feel this game is getting some negative views on here which are a little unfair.
                              Not really. Try aiming for GOLD everytime on the events and see how you do.

Comment

You don't have to aim for gold in all the events though, and if you do want to then you are gonna have to expect some sort of challenge. I'm on episode four at the moment and have got gold for every race/event so far bar one (bloody detonator event, only a second off though). The majority of them have definitely been challenging, but not even once have I felt cheated or thought that the game is being unfair.

It's the same with the majority of other games too, no? If you want to get a high score or rank then you will be challenged, you can't just expect to have it all your way.
                                Last edited by ezee ryder; 31-05-2010, 17:14.

Comment

Working...
                                X