No announcement yet.

Bloodborne review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That sounds fun Zen Monkey, but I lost the will to carry on after getting to bottom of a few identikit dungeons, farming for ingredient drops here and there. Maybe I just need to push on to the more challenging dungeons...
    Last edited by Golgo; 13-02-2016, 08:50.

Comment

Finally picked up the DLC for this, bloody love every minute of it, great stuff

Comment

One more go round on this for me and I should have got the platinum. But it looks like there is some Chalice Dungeon work to do. How much effort is needed to get these achievements done?

Comment

It's quite a bit actually but I think you can have someone summon you into the final dungeon.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
            One more go round on this for me and I should have got the platinum. But it looks like there is some Chalice Dungeon work to do. How much effort is needed to get these achievements done?
            Not much 'effort' in terms of madskillz required, but a lot of repetitive dungeon grind. I gave up on the platinum for this reason, as it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
              Not much 'effort' in terms of madskillz required, but a lot of repetitive dungeon grind. I gave up on the platinum for this reason, as it happens.
              Ah, the grind isn't looking that appealing right now. Good to know. Even though I've got nearly everything else on the list, EDF is calling.

Comment

I take back most of what I've said about Bloodborne. I'm four trophies away from the platinum, of which I'll get them all on this play through. It's definitely not up with the Souls games for me, but I've been playing it hardcore since Saturday morning and I'm finally starting to enjoy it. It might be because I am stupidly overpowered for pretty much any enemy I face, but I've come around to its nuances. The DLC weapons have made me find it fun instead of a chore. Rakuyo +10 is insane.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                  I take back most of what I've said about Bloodborne. I'm four trophies away from the platinum, of which I'll get them all on this play through. It's definitely not up with the Souls games for me, but I've been playing it hardcore since Saturday morning and I'm finally starting to enjoy it. It might be because I am stupidly overpowered for pretty much any enemy I face, but I've come around to its nuances. The DLC weapons have made me find it fun instead of a chore. Rakuyo +10 is insane.
                  What are you missing J0e?

I need the two chalice dungeon ones (Collect all Weapons and the other) and the "bad" ending. Finding the bosses to be more challenging in NG++ than NG+ so far. I have built my character wrong...

Comment

I need to beat Amygdala to get the final Chalice and then I need to do all of the Chalice Dungeons. That'll get me the last weapon I need. Then I need to get the third ending. All of that will give me the remaining trophies for the platinum.

Shouldn't be too hard. All of my stats are at at least 35 and my weapons are all maxed out, so I'm destroying everything I meet in a single attack.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

All the Chalice Dungeons is one hell of a slog!

Comment

Nothing a 15-hour marathon session can't deal with I hope.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I have the Ryuoko and the Chikage at +9 and wondering which one to use my blood rock on to max. I have bloodtinge and skill over 40.

I'm up to the last boss of the DLC and have a depth 4 chalice dungeon open. It seems much harder to get to the higher level chalice dungeons if your offline.

Comment

I prefer the Rakuyo myself. I use it almost exclusively in transformed mode. L2, R1, R1, R1 is devastating.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

The chalice dungeons are definitely the biggest grind for the platinum; a lot of them are easy, but some are mega rough (defiled chalice in particular) and you do have to farm a bunch to get the mats together. You can do all of it with comrades though, which although time-consuming (as you'll need to clear each area & boss for each player) makes progress more steady and is infinitely more enjoyable.

Comment

I prefer the Rakuyo myself. I use it almost exclusively in transformed mode. L2, R1, R1, R1 is devastating.
                                Does that rely on Bloodtinge for scaling? My Bloodtinge Stat is 15 whereas my Arcane is 50...

Comment

Working...
                                X