No announcement yet.

Netflix Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those are two shows I've been intrigued about, [MENTION=960]Lebowski[/MENTION],

You'll have to let me know if they're worth watching to the end.

This clip had me in tears though:

Comment

the voice over bits are great, his anger at Clem Fandango just gets funnier and funnier

Comment

Toast Of London is my fave British comedy since The Office/I'm Alan Partridge. Hoping Mr Berry has a 4th series in him.

Comment

Been watching Troll Hunters. I initially dismissed it as I hate the American style animation that’s just in every bloody thing right now. However when I saw who the creator and producer was I gave it a shot.

I’m now 20 episodes in .

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
            http://www.darkhorizons.com/netflix-...ses-glow-more/

On 14 September 2018, Netflix will launch Bojack Horseman: Season 5
            Awesome news!

Season 2 of Glow just got released over the weekend so we are getting though it this week.

If you haven't seen it yet I highly recommend watching Season 1 followed by the documentary on the real Glow stars before Season 2 (which is going well 3 episodes in)

Comment

As part of their Anime Expo panel on Thursday, Netflix made several announcements about their plans to expand their anime content – kicking off with the second season of the “Castlevania” animated adaptation which will launch on October 26th. The other big news is that they will launch a new “Ultraman” series in 2019. The […]

Next year Netflix will launch a new show based on Ultraman

Comment

Am I reading it correctly that it will be animated? The article isn't 100% clear on that.

Comment

I think it will be, Netflix is going big on that side of things

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    Am I reading it correctly that it will be animated? The article isn't 100% clear on that.
                    Yes it will be. There's also a figure coming out for it too!

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                    I think it will be, Netflix is going big on that side of things
                    Big time!
                    The Netflix Original Anime Shows You Should Binge-Watch in 2019

AGGRETSUKO (SEASON 2)
                    CANNON BUSTERS
                    KENGAN ASHURA
                    ULTRAMAN

Comment

First images from Netflix reboot of She-Ra:

Comment

Looks fine. That third image is gorgeous. Can't imagine I'd watch it but my kids might.

Comment

I watched Cargo last night with a couple of mates. Oof, it's a bit depressing.

It stars Martin Freeman as a man with his wife and their daughter in the Australian outback trying to escape from a pandemic that has swept the nation and started to change those infected.

Loads of zombie movie tropes and cries of "Have you NEVER seen a horror movie?!" at the screen, but plenty of new ideas in there too.
                          At the start, it's really hard to stop thinking at some point that Freeman isn't going to advertise Vodafone.
                          "Let's give these zombies a great reception - just like Vodafone's extensive range of mobile signals that cover 87% of the UK!"
                          Once you get past that and his bumbling persona, it's a pretty gripping tale of survival.

It's not the darkest film I've seen, but it's far from the lightest. There's some depressing stuff in there.

Would I recommend it? Well, if you love outbreak films and fancy some sweeping drone footage of the Australian outback, then yes.
                          If you're after a light-hearted Freeman rom-com, you're in the wrong place!

Comment

That’s not She-ra, it looks far too tomboyish...

Now this is She-ra

Comment

Yeah, you tell ‘em. They’re ruining that cartoon you never watched and was never for you by not having it sexy enough for middle aged men.

Comment

Nearly a year after acquiring Mark Millar’s Millarworld comics label, Netflix has announced plans for two original TV series and three films based on several properties from the publishing label – specifically “American Jesus” and “Jupiter’s Legacy” as series, and “Huck,” “Empress” and “Sharkey The Bounty Hunter” as films. “American Jesus” follows a twelve-year-old boy […]

Netflix are going to adapt five Mark Millar comics:

American Jesus: About a 12 year who suddenly discovers he's Jesus

Jupiter's Legacy: A multi-generation tale of the first superhero family in the 1930's who's present day line feel can't live up to the family lineage

Huck: A small town powered man helps locals until the media are alerted to his existence

Empress: About the wife of a galactic dictator fleeing from planet to planet from her husband

Sharkey the Bounty Hunter: A galactic bounty hunter in a rocket powered ice cream truck with a ten year old side kick

Anyone familiar with any of these? The short breakdowns sound awful so curious if they're ones that have a chance of being interesting of whether Netflix is bargain bucketing again

Comment

Working...
                                X