Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EJG1980 View Post
    Bloody hell, Huddersfield and Brighton you lovely teams

Technically not quite done yet, but surely even Spurs can't bleep it up from this position!
    Don't tempt fate!

But, yeah, my local team did the business, as did Huddersfield. Amazing that we've mucked it up so much in the past two months and no-one, bar Chelsea, has taken advantage. I do feel a bit underwhelmed by it all - we're miles off the top two, fortunate that at least two of the teams behind us have been rubbish, and yet....Champions League footie next season is almost guaranteed. And it's a sign of how good a few years we've had under Pochettino that 'just' getting it isn't quite as buoyant a feeling as it should be.

Comment

Only just heard the other results - amazing, could not have been much better for Spurs, MU now out of it and Arsenal 3 points behind and a +20GD against Spurs +28GD.

Short of some incredible results, and I do not believe Burnley will be an easy roll over for Arsenal, then 4th place is ours for the taking. Still want us to secure it with a good win against Everton and hope that Leicester do us another favour and give Chelsea a good seeing too , something they're well capable of doing.

A much better end to the weekend than I'd thought it would be.

Comment

OMG they bloody well did it!!!!!

After that first half I thought that was it. Why does it take 50 minutes for Spurs to wake up? But when they do anything can happen and it did. Talk about skin of their teeth, did my nerves no good listening to it on BBC5L but that has to be considered better than Liverpool's result yesterday. An extraordinary 24 hours of CL football.
        Last edited by fallenangle; 09-05-2019, 11:23.

Comment

Omg - I was crying before I saw Poch, then he really set me off!

I thought the Man City game would be the most OMG game I’d ever see, but this has topped it!

Comment

I have no words!

Last edited by EJG1980; 08-05-2019, 22:24.

Comment

Amazing guys. What a couple of semi-finals! Let's make it a decent final too!

Comment

I'm a Chelsea fan, but I f-ing love Liverpool and Tottenham right now. Both teams showed the sort of passion and commitment that fills any football fan with admiration.

Legendary wins that will be talked about for decades. I will never forget such incredible matches.

Comment

Those YT videos are fantastic - thanks for posting them.

The one I particularly enjoyed was the linked one with Glen Hoddle, Gary Lineker and Rio Ferdinand going mental at the end with Glen almost having another heart attack and then saying how glad he was still to be around to witness it. Great stuff.

Lucas Moura's second goal, an Ajax defensive mess up but how he jiggled the ball to make the space and get the shot off was brilliant skill. We here all liked and recognised how good he can be right from his first Spurs' appearances and he's delivered on that promise, big time.

Lloris also needs high praise - he really was at the top of his game and undoubtedly kept Spurs, with a bit of help from the goal posts too, in the tie.

Comment

Managed to somehow get a ticket for Sunday’s game through the ticket exchange - just had to go, feels like it could be an amazing day.

Still in shock - Champions League finalists! I’m not allowing my mind to wander any further than ‘finalists.’ I said to someone at work today that Tottenham were frequent winners of the old European Cup in the late 80s/early 90s. In Fifa or Champ Manager. And because I’d tinkered with various difficulty settings, dropping them down to easy as it was the only way Spurs (me) could win it.

Comment

Yup, the footwork, the composure and the finish for Moura's second goal was magnificent. The awareness too, not switching off when it looked like the keeper was going to gather it but staying alert and being ready to pounce just in case he somehow spilled it. I think the fact that it came straight from that Llorente miss helped too, instead of cursing a massive chance going begging we're celebrating an equaliser, big psychological boost.

My players of the night were Moura (quelle surprise ), Sissoko, Dele and Llorente. Sissoko because he was at his relentless machine like best, breaking up play, making driving runs forward, and generally just being everywhere on the pitch all at once. It was Dele's best game for a while, back to something like his best, nothing massively flashy but bloody effective, taking up brilliant positions and making great runs, linking the midfield and attack, and vitally assisting two of Moura's goals. The only thing off from Llorente was his finishing, had about three headers and didn't get any of them on target, but his hold up play was immense and he totally bossed the Ajax centre backs.

The whole team deserve praise though for the sheer grit and determination they showed. To pull this off when our confidence must have been taking a kicking from our poor league form, having lost the first leg, letting in an early goal and then going two down in the second... to still stand up and be counted, and turn it all around in 45 magical minutes... just fantastic.

It's pretty much been like that the whole way through though. Barring Dortmund in the second round it's been comebacks all the way though. 1 point from 3 group games, on the verge of going out and we get two last minute goals to beat PSV, a late winner against Inter, a late goal to draw against Barca to squeeze through the group. Getting through the second leg against Man City when it looked like they'd turned it all around. The semi-final comeback from the dead against Ajax.

Christ, I don't think I'm gonna be able to sleep until 1st June! Argh! Champions League final!

Comment

Don't watch footy anymore - too much diving around and moaning and complaining - but.... really chuffed for Spurs to get to the final, really hope you stuff the scousers.

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
                          really hope you stuff the scousers.
                          oooooOOOOooooooh

Comment

The final will be shown live at the new stadium, open to full capacity with the match being shown on the four big screens. Tickets for a tenner. Could be a fun way to watch the match

Comment

Think I might have to try and get a ticket for that. Atmosphere should be amazing.

Comment

Not the most convincing way of getting a CL place for next season but it counts so I'm not going to complain. Ruins our only one draw in a Premiership season record too.

Losing out third place to Chelsea sticks in the throat but we only have ourselves to blame, Spurs should have been out of sight, securing third place weeks if not months ago.

Liverpool must be gutted about not winning the Premiership.

Comment

Working...
                                X