Resident Evil 3make

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resident Evil 3make

The Producer of the new remake of RE2 has said that fan demand will decide if a remake of the third game happens however, a trusted user of Era has said that RE3make is already in development within Capcom's walls alongside work being done on Resident Evil VIII

But Resident Evil 3 was rubbish

Comment

They would be mad not to do the third game, even though it's not as good.

As for Resi 8, great news. I really liked 7, even if the second half had less impact than the first. From what I read at the time, sales weren't as high as they had hoped, but it was offset by the game's relatively low development cost (a few million).

With Resi now riding high off the good press from REmake 2, hopefully the next brand new instalment will make a bigger splash. I felt it was a masterful mix of old and new, and exactly the shot in the arm the series needed after losing its way a little with 5 and 6's disappointing attempts to repeat the formula of 4.

Comment

I'd expect RE8 will follow on from 7 but dial up the action in an attempt of hoping it drums up more sales, if it doesn't then the remake/s may push the series back to third person

Comment

I really hope that isn't the case. That's exactly the trap Resi 5 and 6 fell into, an over-reliance on action. Resi 7 is actually a fairly unique proposition. No one has done a walking sim survival horror nearly as well. I'd like to see the narrative improved and the addition of branching paths and decision-based gameplay a la Until Dawn, rather than an increase in shooting stuff.

A focus on gunning down zombies risks making the series lose its identity again.

Comment

Exactly. The second half or last third of VII was just a big long corridor full of monsters and limitless machine gun ammo. The game should have ended with the decision at the boathouse. Still scratching my head over how they thought they'd get away with completely disregarding your decision in a way that is utterly confusing and makes no sense at all. A storyline other than "big corporation tries to turn monsters into bioweapon, fails miserably" wouldn't go amiss either. By the end of VII I was like "this was just Revelations + FEAR" and then I looked it up. OH, it was by the guy who did Revelations and the guy who wrote FEAR!

Comment

They found a real sweet spot with this RE2 Remake, they need to remake 1 (again) and 4 and make 8 with the engine too.

Comment

If they don't get the momentum from RE8 that the remake seems to be getting they may make the first person entries spin-offs instead so the mainline entries are third person. Though RE7 didn't get the scale of sales they'd hoped for its critical acclaim would be daft to give up on

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                  Exactly. The second half or last third of VII was just a big long corridor full of monsters and limitless machine gun ammo. The game should have ended with the decision at the boathouse. Still scratching my head over how they thought they'd get away with completely disregarding your decision in a way that is utterly confusing and makes no sense at all. A storyline other than "big corporation tries to turn monsters into bioweapon, fails miserably" wouldn't go amiss either. By the end of VII I was like "this was just Revelations + FEAR" and then I looked it up. OH, it was by the guy who did Revelations and the guy who wrote FEAR!

I agree It should have ended at the boat house. For me a sequel which increases the action would be one that focuses on the weakest aspects of 7.

I don’t agree 8 should be made in the style of RE2 really. We’ve yet to see the best of first person Resi, is my hope.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                    They found a real sweet spot with this RE2 Remake, they need to remake 1 (again) and 4 and make 8 with the engine too.
                    No! They need to remake Resi 2 Remake with the fixed camera from the first Remake. Then they need to remake the first Remake in first person VR like in VII.

Comment

Crazy. Rosey tints. You need a remake. Oof. I joke

Comment

I suspect RE8 will be the same as RE7, maybe bigger, with VR support. And the remakes will be the actiony 3rd person games. They are on to a winner if they run that formula for a while.

Comment

I have not played 3 for years, but always felt it was more a side thing to the main games I suppose going from a 2 disc two character game back to single character and set around a similar time as 2 gave me that impression.

And with Mr X doing a similar thing to Nemesis i do wonder what they could add....though saying that my fav addition in 3 was the dodge mechanic

Comment

This is great information. I just finished resident evil 2 and it was great

Comment

RE3 was oddly restrained and similar as a sequel, CV was much more ambitious but I guess that comes from the intention of it being RE4 at one point

Comment

Working...
                              X