Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age

Character trailer:

The game will include DQ8's main character outfit from the start. Excellent!

Looking forward to playing this, although it'll have to wait until I can afford either a new graphics card or a PS4. In the meantime I might replay DQ VIII on PS2

Comment

Hyped for this and less than a month to go! Still haven't decided if I should go PC or PS4 though.

Comment

Same here. I don't think 60fps will make much difference on this title but it could still look a lot prettier on PC. They've been very quiet with info on the PC port saying only it will have "the usual" enhancements.

Comment

For sure, owning a physical copy would be nice as well so I'm tempted to got that route tbh.

Comment

It's nearly here. Not played a single DQ game before but this looks lovely. Anyone played the JPN version and could confirm whether it's awesome or not?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
              It's nearly here. Not played a single DQ game before but this looks lovely. Anyone played the JPN version and could confirm whether it's awesome or not?
              I was thinking about getting the Japanese version whilst over there in late April/early May but a friend told me it doesn't have any voiceovers. If that doesn't bother you then I think its still a very solid numbered entry in the series. I enjoy that they do a proper localisation on the DQ games though with proper British accents for the characters.

I'm tempted to get this but Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Valkyria Chronicles 4 are out later in the month so it'll be difficult to fit time in for all of them at once.

Comment

Skip to 2m42. A few changes to the western version that make this guy from IGN Japan jealous...

Comment

£29 on greenmangaming for the Edition of Light Steam preorder atm. Review embargo has been lifted, and it looks to have broken the street date in the US in places. Still no footage of the PC version though.

Comment

Literally just grabbed that haha, the price was too good. I'm jealous of those already playing but I have next week off anyway.

Comment

Looking forward to the first play thread guysh

Comment

Looking forward to the first play thread guysh
                        I take it you'll be joining us?

Comment

I will wait until a price drop I'm afraid. Just too many game and too many school uniforms to get

Comment

I will wait until a price drop I'm afraid. Just too many game and too many school uniforms to get
                            The bane of parents everywhere.

Going off that video it seems SE put a lot of care and attention into the western release, it reminds me of the great job they did with DQ8.

Comment

I remember on the Japanese release there was a lot of positivity, really glad to see most of the western press are feeling the same way too. There's even quite a number of folk saying it's the best DQ game! Definitely one I am looking to get to sooner rather than later, have got an order in ready to go for launch.

Comment

Working...
                              X