Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Though the network has yet to announce any official pick-ups, CBS Corp. CEO Leslie Moonves told an investor conference this morning in Florida that they intend to renew almost all of their new shows that premiered this Fall. Moonves says: “We have five new shows on the air. Of the five, I believe all five […]

The head of CBS has pretty much given the nod to renewals for:

-Limitless
    -Code Black
    -Life in Pieces
    -Supergirl

Comment

Limitless is a bit meh, haven't seen code black

But life in pieces and super girl are great telly imo especially life in pieces

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
        Watched the Netflix series Love over last night/this morning. Has Gillian Jacobs in it!

Really enjoyed it for what it is, glad to hear a second season will be coming next year.
        I thought it was hilarious when he freaked out

that to two girls were sisters and that completely put him off having a threesome with them.

I think I have half of the series still to go.

Almost done season 4 of The Mindy Project. Still some quality writing going on, as long as you don't get put off by the characters (as it has been since season 1 anyway).

Comment

I've been slowly working my way through the Walking Dead again.

I saw the Season 4 finale last night.

Jesus.

The retribution scene was tense and disgusting but I was clapping when Rick bit the guy's neck. He's a beast.

Comment

Vikings continues to be great. Looking forward to banshee final season coming very soon.

Comment

Finished Season 5 of American Horror Story. So, once again it was a 4 episode story padded out to last 12 with some random detours and no real adherence to its own rules and logic. The shared universe aspect they're trying to retroactively shoe-horn in is definitely the worst part.

In the end the show makes a mockery of Gaga winning the Golden Globe for acting proving talent isn't a factor. She's wooden as hell and required to simple play Lady Gaga throughout. Despite the limitations and fumbles I'd still place it higher than the third and fourth seasons but there's still far too much pandering to its makers interests and ego's. Only watch it if you feel watching a PG-13 threesome sex scene starring Gaga qualifies the Horror part of the title as it's all you'll get.

Comment

Trailer for Season 2 of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Looking back I'm definitely in the camp that found the show to an idea stretched too far so the second season will be a make or break deal for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
                  I just finished Jessica Jones. Tons better than Daredevil, although the villain was the highlight just as Wilson Fisk was in that. Two or three complaints - first, there was a bit of a dip when David Tennant started to get a higher profile in the show, because they had painted him so well as this terrifying individual... its like revealing the monster, it loses some of its effect. Regained it by the end though, and that scene

where he was trapped in the sealed room and his parents were introduced to him

was just incredible.

Also disliked all the gratuitous shagging, served no purpose and was way more than it needed to be.

Lastly, kind of a plot hole, but unless

he expressly ordered his victims not to hurt him, any one of them could have done him in with the right opportunity

. I guess we are just to assume those safeguards were always put in place off camera?

It has kind of put a spanner in the works for the ongoing Preacher adaptation though. Looks like they just pinched from this for the 'word of God'.
                  Yep, even had a "go screw yourself" joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                    Trailer for Season 2 of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Looking back I'm definitely in the camp that found the show to an idea stretched too far so the second season will be a make or break deal for me.
                    Usually I remove youtube videos and images from quotes to keep things clean but you can't have too much Kimmy on one page. Can't wait! I'm gonna run through the first season again.

Comment

Locked.
                      New thread here:
                      Friendly Import video game discussion forum, informative reviews, NTSC (Japan / US) and PAL - BordersDown (previously known as NTSC-uk)

Comment

Working...
                      X