• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
    The Colbert Report

Not the Daily Show as well?

Comment

Speaking of TV.....Watching the Lone Gunmen right now. Love that show, granted I imagine there wasn't a huge amount of legs to it, but, loved it.

However, watching a certain episode I found myself thinking "I'd f**k a midget"

No more drinking for me on a sunday........

Comment

Working literally a 2 minute walk from where I live. (Yes I can see my office from the window) means that I have spare time in the morning to enjoy TV, hence I watch quite a bit.

I have been quite surprised by Paradox recently. Normally I give most UK shows a wide berth as all they ever seem to be is Hospital shows or Detective shows. However at least Paradox has thrown in some sci fi to the mix.

I was too enjoying V and unlike most here Flash Forward. However theres a long break now due to Xmas and then the winter olympics. Which are really covering up internal changes back stage.

I'm looking forward to Lost coming back to complete a series that has had way more ups than downs, but am looking forward to it concluding now. It is time.

My favourite shows are dramas that have an element of comedy to them. Psych and Burn Notice. (Both USA shows coincidently?) I love the continual digs at The Mentalist on Psych. Justified as it is a copy of it. With a more serious tone.

I used to enjoy all reality shows. However now they have to be one of my TV hates. For me the novelty wore off many years ago. How many times can Cowell repackage Pop stars? And why will I be more interested in a reality show now that it has D list celebrities? I wish we got more outstanding dramas. However I guess the cost and risk is much higher. I remember reading that one way the networks were fighting internet downloading was by doing more high profile "live" shows. So I guess they aren't going anywhere soon.

I guess I would also like to give mention to Being Erica. An outstanding Canadian show, Which may be too "touchy, feely" for some. But I love a show that has the ability to move me to tears.

Erm guess I watch quite a lot really.

Comment

Is Burn Notice thon show with Bruce ?

Comment

Originally posted by TBL2260 View Post
            Is Burn Notice thon show with Bruce ?

Yup, The Bruce.

I'm finally going to give The Mighty Boosh a proper viewing over the xmas period. I've only caught the odd show on the iPlayer before.

Started with the radio shows today whilst journeying. Think I'll blitz the three series over a long weekend/week. If it wasn't for boosh I'd do Birdman for the Twentieth time.

Comment

Oooh the Boosh, I dunno.....sometimes I think it's grand, othertimes.....just a couple of guys that missed the whole being at Uni oddness thing.

As for 'The Bruce' good show ? I need something to add to my "quality things only certain people bother to watch" quota.

Comment

I've only seen a few episodes of Burn Notice but I enjoyed them. There's something very 80s about it. Not just the setting but in that it's pretty light without actually being a comedy. And I don't mean that in any kind of bad way. It's good fun. And of course anything with Bruce in it has got to rock. I'm tempted to get a whole season.

Comment

Yes THE Bruce.

Have to be honest and say I don't really watch any comedy except for the panel quiz shows.
                  News, Buzzcocks, Mock the week. There used to be a time I'd watch every comedy on. But now I prefer to get my laughs from quality drama with more subtle humour.

Comment

Originally posted by TBL2260 View Post
                    As for 'The Bruce' good show ? I need something to add to my "quality things only certain people bother to watch" quota.

It's a hard show to blindly recommend. It's something you need to try (3-5 eps).

There is no need to start from the beginning. They give you enough information at the beginning of each episode for you to understand what's happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Bort View Post
                      There is no need to start from the beginning. They give you enough information at the beginning of each episode for you to understand what's happening.
                      WOW. I would never join a show half way through. However I guess you could with burn notice. I understand what is meant by the eighties vibe. Its very "A Team" in its premise. Without the moving around the country every week. Setting it in Miami really helps this show. I don't believe anywhere else would have the same effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Bort View Post
                        It's a hard show to blindly recommend. It's something you need to try (3-5 eps).
                        If anything that's the kind of recomendation that'll sell something for me, I like the hard work shows, you always get something back, more so if they feature a GREAT.

Comment

I should have mentioned earlier in the thread that I also watch Merlin. I nearly stopped earlier in the series when it seemed to be going nowhere, but I like where it's headed now and how some of the characters and relationships are developing.

Comment

Im in the almost giving up on Merlin stage. I watched the first 6 in quick succession and loved it. Then there was a weeks break, for what I don't remember, and although I have them all ready to go. Just can't find the inclination to watch. I will though as the show was showing some proper potential.

Comment

I definitely recommend persevering. Sounds like you're at the stage earlier in this series that I didn't think it was going anywhere interesting, but they really start to mix it up later on.

Last episode of this series this week and I really can't wait to see how they leave it for the third series.

Comment

Just watched the first episode of Castle with Nathan Fillion.

Brilliant stuff. Season 1 DVD boxset on order from USA.

Comment

Working...
                                X