Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good man. Great first season and thus far the 2nd is even better.

Comment

Think I will go back to Merlin over the Xmas period.

Must say that I am also really enjoying Friday Night Lights. Not being a sports fan I was slow getting into the show, what a mistake that was. Although Football is the backdrop the real stories are character based family life. Yes I know its using every trick in the book, but I don't mind saying that I have had tears in my eyes on more than a few occasions.

Comment

Anyone else watch White Collar? it's not fantastic but isn't bad as there is a bit of lull of stuff now.

Comment

I normally go to a show I've never seen before but long finished. Last lull I watched 24 S1-6. This time I'm going with old BBC shows like Day Today and maybe starting my brand new Seinfeld 1-9 set which I've never seen.

Also really want to watch Six Feet Under.

Comment

My God, Castle is incredible!!!

Fillion is ridiculously good, as you'd expect, and Stana Katic is just uber

Watched 5 eps back to back last night - just great TV.

Comment

Originally posted by chipsgravy View Post
              WOW. I would never join a show half way through. However I guess you could with burn notice. I understand what is meant by the eighties vibe. Its very "A Team" in its premise. Without the moving around the country every week. Setting it in Miami really helps this show. I don't believe anywhere else would have the same effect.
              Don't forget the MacGuyver-esque way Michael Westin makes stuff for pennies to solve his clients problems!

I love Burn Notice although Gabrielle Anwar is a bit scary lookin'.

Season 2 had Tricia Helfer and 3 is Moon Bloodgood for a spell so that evened it out a bit.

Oh, and obviously anything with "The Chin" Campbell in it is Solid Gold WIN!!

Comment

Just watched The Virtual Revolution on bbc2.

A google search for it comes up with a few Twatter links, some of which are whinging on like a fat sweaty geek who's dropped his last cheesy wotsit on his pube-and-toenail-clipping riddled floor. "Arbritary journalism at its worst" whines one dweeb. Bit like having a twatter feed, eh?

But I thought it was ok. Nothing truly remarkable, but watchable enough for what it was. As an analysis of the internet, its impact, structure and meaning, it made a few interesting points. Like the fact that in a system that prides itself on freedom of choice and participation, it's currently strangled by a few hyper-brands in key areas; google, facebook, ebay, etc.

Yep, it was canny. One thing that did grate, however, was the repetition of some of the visuals, which looked unnecessarily cheap. Would some extra inserts have cost that much more time and effort?

Aleks Krotoski looked far better than she did years ago, too. Sorry, DR. Aleks Krotoski.

Comment

Just watched the 1st 3 episodes of Human Target with Mark Valley (Agent Scott from early Fringe).

Awesome!! Based on a comic, it's about a private security operative who helps people by becoming the focus of the nasty peeps: the literal Human Target, to protect his clients.

Comment

What channel is Human Target being shown on in the UK, teddster?

Comment

I usually wait till a show has finished, or is near to the end of its run before I start watching so I can go through the box sets and not have to worry about waiting a week for the next episode!

Just started Battlestar Galactica and started The Wire earlier this year. I absolutely love The Wire, what a brilliant show.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        What channel is Human Target being shown on in the UK, teddster?
                        Hey, I like that "Teddster"...hmm...

Anyways, I don't think it is yet. I get it from everybody's friend; the Interwebz.

I don't think anybody has picked it up for over here yet.

Shame as it rocks!!

Comment

Oh dear. This "glee" thing that everyone seems to be banging on about. I've just watched the first episode and...

...Good God, it's brilliant. Very funny and just the kind of relaxed nonsense I need after a long day at work.

I'm now off to watch the latest Castle and Human Target to regain some of my masculinity however!

Comment

Glee is awesome fun, very well written and gets to everyone on all levels.
                            Been seriously addicted to Law and Order SVU, they are reruning the story so far on Hallmark, Series 1 to current, 2 episodes a night.
                            Also The Mentalist Serie 2 starts on Five this friday 9pm, loving the crime stuff at the moment.

Comment

Anybody else watch Survivors on BBC1? It doesn't seem to get too much love on here.

It's not ground-breaking stuff, but it's an easy watch and something both my wife and I enjoy. We're already getting a bit wound up with the preposterousness of 24!

Comment

Yes I watch Survivors (one of the few British shows I bother with) and, while not being brilliant or even a particularly good post apocalyptc story it is very enjoyable. Next week's episode is set to be fantastic.

Newswipe this week was a bit of a jip - a recap show? Recapping 5 weeks?! Get outta here!

Comment

Working...
                                X