Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally clocked GoW Ultimate. Got stressed about the Raam encounter but I Googled the best loadout (Torque Bow and Longshot) and only managed to die thrice. To think when I did the orig years back, it took me about thirty tries, nearly had a heart attack trying to finish that!

Still a very good game but GoW2 would've been more worthy of the remaster, there's a lot more visual variety whereas this is too murky throughout, despite it being brilliant murk. Needs more colour!
    Last edited by JazzFunk; 12-10-2019, 20:34.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
      Needs more colour!
      I remember thinking that constantly during the PS2 & Xbox era. Too many dull, murky looking games. Going back to them fills me with negativity. Must avoid them like a soul sucking demon.
      Last edited by Leon Retro; 12-10-2019, 20:49.

Comment

Playing GoW4 now and it looks like an episode of Miami Vice by comparison. Lush.

Comment

At the moment:

Metro: Exodus - I'm maybe a third of the way into Autumn so should be done with this in the coming days. I've enjoyed it but I definitely want it to go back to the tunnels.

Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax Ignition - Looked great on the Vita screen, fun to muck around with for a while

Sine Mora - Currently on the third level I think, seems decent so far

Stunt Race FX - Just finishing up the first Cup

Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair
          - I'm liking this so far, it's not DKC tier but it's solid

Comment

Been playing and loving CrackDown 3 (such a fun game) trying to finish off Control and also playing Grid.

Comment

I played some more Batman: Arkham Knight.
              It's a mixed bag.
              It looks amazing, but rainy and dreary like a wet weekend in Scunthorpe.

It's fun using all the gadgets, but I feel like I'm having to remember a lot of button presses and combos to do stuff, which isn't ideal in the heat of battle. I felt like I was playing Twister with my fingers on one of the tank battles.

I kept dying at one bit and I couldn't solve a Riddler puzzle until I searched for the answer and realised I need gadgets I don't own yet.

I couldn't even remember how to do the grapple boost move and had to look that up.
              Last edited by QualityChimp; 14-10-2019, 12:37. Reason: Full title.

Comment

That's the problem I have with it. Way too many button combinations.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                  That's the problem I have with it. Way too many button combinations.
                  Pop:up - which mission do you want to set a waypoint for? Sets waypoint.
                  Gets to waypoint, mission no longer active.
                  How the hell do I call up the mission wheel?
                  Map? No.
                  Options? No.
                  All other menus? No.

New pop-up 20 minutes later: Press right on the d-pad to select mission.
                  Sheesh!

Some of the best fun is wooshing around the rooftops of Gotham, but even that's problematic as you wait for a grapple point to be close enough.

It doesn't feel all that different to LEGO Batman, to be honest.

I'm not hating it, but I'm still failing to fall in love with it.

Comment

Been having a quick blast on my cheapo XB1 STRIDER. So much smoother and slicker on XB1 compared to my old 360 copy. And that was swish.

Simply, simply loveleh...or is it bloody loveleh these days? Either way...loveleh.

This thing always goes down to about £2.40 in the sales, nab it when it does!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                      Been having a quick blast on my cheapo XB1 STRIDER. So much smoother and slicker on XB1 compared to my old 360 copy. And that was swish.

Simply, simply loveleh...or is it bloody loveleh these days? Either way...loveleh.

This thing always goes down to about £2.40 in the sales, nab it when it does!!!
                      I've been playing this too! Loads of fun climbing about arl ower.

Comment

Did some more Arkham Knight.

Proper raging at the Riddler Race challenge where I couldn't quite make sub 42 secs to win a Waynetech Point.

However, the Batman sections were more fun and I've upgraded a few things.

I've also discovered that if you take out all the perps around the firemen you have to rescue, but then walk away, the bad guys respawn and you can repeat to get the XP.

Just improved the tank cannon reload speed, going to boost the special attack speed next.
                        Then improve the grappling launch (as that's probably the most fun thing in the game), then some fight moves.

Definitely better once you've upgraded a bit.

Comment

After completing Fire Emblem (Blue Lions route) I've been playing Control and Grid. Couple of crackers. Feels like a strong end to the year.

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          Did some more Arkham Knight.

Definitely better once you've upgraded a bit.
                          I might go back and give this another go at some point. I found it overly fussy and lost interest. Great looking game though ... loved the dark Gotham atmosphere.

Comment

I think Arkham Asylum worked so well because it was a tighter structure.
                            Being restricted to one location with a Metroidvania-style progression made for a tighter experience.

In this, I could be saving kidnapped firefighters being beaten to death, kidnapped Catwoman with a bomb on her neck, or a kidnapped Oracle having whoknowswhat to her or loads of other things.

Despite my friends, loved ones and innocents, about to be murdered, I'm just pootling around Gotham at my own pace doing stunts in the Batmobile or collecting Riddler trophies!

Also, why does everyone call him "Bruce", sheesh guys, anyone could be listening in.

*Ahem* other than that, I'm having fun!

Comment

I've kinda rewritten the Batman lore, where he's no longer the protector of Gotham's innocent, he's just a psychopath who goes around Gotham, looking for tied up firemen, beats up their kidnappers, then flies off again without releasing the firemen. What a bast.

I've managed to upgrade the tank mode and the first level of the grapple boost, which has made a real difference, so I'm doing my XP patrol and the Riddler challenges until I can upgrade again.

Got a bit frustrated with the fighting as there are some guys with shields and the only way to defeat them is an air attack (OXX), which I had to look up. I also had to look up that you get an electric gun from the evidence room of the police station, which nobody in-game mentions!

I've upgraded my fear attack, but you have to be fairly close for it to kick in, and a lot of the firemen rescue locations don't have a suitably close vantage point.

I know I'm moaning a lot about it, but it's getting loads better the more I upgrade and learn the moves.

Comment

I don't remember getting the electric gun, what does it do? To be honest, its a distinctly average game, with some good graphics, and a scattergun approach to gameplay.

Comment

Working...
                                X