Will all PS2 games work over Component?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asura View Post
    Is there much between difference PS2 component cables?

I can't use SCART as my LCD TV doesn't support it. Right now I'm using one of those cables which has three ends, PS2, GameCube and Xbox, and goes to component at the other. Is there a reasonable difference for different cables, at a cost-effective price?

That last bit is important. If better cables are ~£100 or something it would make sense to look into an upscaler.
    The best component cable is supposed to be

They only have the Wii one on Amazon UK.

Upscaler wise, from what I've gathered, it's either a RetroTink 2X (cheap, limited to S-Video) or a Framemeister as the OSSC doesn't handle 480i well
    Last edited by Nico87; 10-09-2019, 09:07.

Comment

The FrameMeister isn't that great with 480 sources either, and IMO it comes down to personal preference between it and the OSSC. If you can get your hands on a DVDO Edge or VP50 that will give you the best upscaling for 480i and p sources.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
        The FrameMeister isn't that great with 480 sources either, and IMO it comes down to personal preference between it and the OSSC. If you can get your hands on a DVDO Edge or VP50 that will give you the best upscaling for 480i and p sources.
        Yes, you're right, forgot to mention the Edge. It's cheaper than a FM but not as widely available from what I've seen
        Last edited by Nico87; 10-09-2019, 09:37.

Comment

Pretty much every DVDO product will be secondhand, IIRC they went out of business or bought by someone who essentially stop development or sale of existing products.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
            Or use the extron trick for 480i ;-)

Comment

I have a Sony official component cable and a third party one and tbh there is no discernible difference.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                I have a Sony official component cable and a third party one and tbh there is no discernible difference.
                The PS3 component cable is better than the PS2 one, and the HD Retrovision one is probably better than both of the Sony ones. No idea how much difference we're talking about though.

Comment

Originally posted by Nico87 View Post
                  The PS3 component cable is better than the PS2 one, and the HD Retrovision one is probably better than both of the Sony ones. No idea how much difference we're talking about though.
                  I might snap one of those Retrovision cables up, if I can find one in the UK.

Comment

Working...
                  X