Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been giving a lot of thought recently to what I dislike most in this world. I pondered cruelty and violence and suffering but what really turns my stomach, what sickens me on a physical level and darkens my vision, what drains all hope from my mind is pistachio shells that have not opened. Or worse still, pistachio shells that have opened a tiny bit, just enough for you to get your fingernail under. You know the scenario: the slit in the shell is just wide enough to get your fingernail under, just wide enough so that you can see the nut inside and, my god, you want it; you know your nails ain't strong enough to pry that shell open but does that stop you trying? Does it hell. Your lust for that salty nut blinds you from rationality.

Comment

Bang on. I never waste a pistachio. They're too lovely.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
        Found out that over the years Universal Studios Hollywood has progressively removed Back to the Future, ET, Backdraft, Jurassic Park etc

But they still have Water World

Water. World.

God damn it Universal.
        Yeah, BTTF is now The Simpsons Ride, a shame. E.T. honestly was mega dated and it was probably good that it went. Jurassic Park is getting replaced by a big Jurassic World development in Florida with two new rides. Again it was pretty dated so, a good move I think.

One of the saddest is that that they got rid of Jaws! I loved the cast member schtick on that, and it was just a terrific ride.

Comment

The thing is, these are rides that have been around for decades.
          They're dated, expensive to maintain because they're bespoke and old and the small queues don't justify the cost.
          I also loved BttF and Jaws, but understand why they've gone.

Loving the nut pedantry.
          The thing is, even if you prise open one of those pistachios, they don't have the flavouring of the open ones, so your reward is nothing but a bland nut.

My irk: forevermore, I will have to consent to cookies every single time I go to a new website.
          I wish they could opt me out unless I say otherwise.
          I've not bothered going to sites that won't let me on unless I agree to their cookies.

I wonder if the Cookie Monster feels this conflicted when he's browsing the web?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            I wonder if the Cookie Monster feels this conflicted when he's browsing the web?
            He'll be obese by the time he's done browsing

Comment

Never work with anyone in the yoga industry, especially if it's to do with technology. But even following basic instructions seems almost impossible for their entire organisation.

Me: "Here's the link to sign up to my service. Press the button, enter your card details and the service will start automatically"
              Me (later): "I've not been paid - I can't start work till you pay"
              Them: "We paid. We set up a standing order to the bank account details you gave us previously"
              Me: "My service doesn't have magical powers to know if you do something different"

Me: "Since you have already paid this month, I suggest you put a note in your diary for the beginning of May to set it up then"
              Their new treasurer: "Great, - the standing order has been cancelled and your online automated service has been completed, I assume the first payment on your system will be 1st May"
              Me: "Er, no. It charges you when you sign up. Automatically. And doesn't magically guess when you want it to start. Which is why I told you to do it at the start of May. I literally do not have magic powers"

Me: "Use this host. Pay them with a card"
              Me (later): "Er, your host has turned off your service. What's going on?"
              Them: "We emailed the host to say we were switching to standing order instead"
              Me to host: "Please excuse my clients - they are weird. Fun to work with, but completely crazy. Please turn on their stuff - I'll get them to pay with card"

Comment

I'm in a gaming funk again.

Stuff to play, can't choose and then can't be arsed.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                  Never work with anyone in the yoga industry, especially if it's to do with technology. But even following basic instructions seems almost impossible for their entire organisation.
                  Their sales tactics are great. Did they recommend yoga to help calm you down at any point?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                    Never work with anyone in the yoga industry,
                    WHOA.

It's not an industry, it's a life-tuning providing service.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                      WHOA.

It's not an industry, it's a life-tuning providing service.
                      Fact.

Comment

This D.Live thing irks me....something Just seems really fishy and have seen some stuff that makes me extremely cautious, but people on my twitter feed just jumping straight into it singing its praises....and i think just a Air of caution is needed

Comment

I saw someone say “D.Live is perfect for people like us with our sense of humour” I noticed that they were following a bunch of total wank stains on Twitter, it makes sense those type of people will flock over to that platform, they can be DLive’s problem now.
                          Last edited by Family Fry; 13-04-2019, 23:46.

Comment

The wanted forum & the behaviour in one thread on there. Nobody needs to be talked to like that.

Comment

Avengers: Endgame is coming out whilst I'm away and the chances of it not being spoiled are pretty slim.

I'll avoid social media, but people just can't help themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                                Avengers: Endgame is coming out whilst I'm away and the chances of it not being spoiled are pretty slim.

I'll avoid social media, but people just can't help themselves.
                                The current internet guess of ant man going up thanos asshole and then going to full size would be hilarious, that theory has already gained enough meme attention that the studio has stepped in and denied it lol. It would explain why dr strange gave up, as the only timeline where they won was that one. So he chose to give up the stone as nobody wants to see his ringpiece been torn apart lol

Comment

Working...
                                X