VVVVVV (PC/Mac)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One sentence ...Not as I Do

Stuck for awhile on that one! God, its really a hard game to put down, its definitely up there as one of the GOTY for me.

Comment

I wish the guy would get this ported to consoles. Reckon it would go down 8-bit of a storm

Comment

Originally posted by Tig View Post
        That music is amaze.

I've discovered that I'm not a fan of 'masocore' gameplay- but I might just play this so I can listen to that music while I'm doing it.
        You can get the VVVVVV Soundtrack for $6 (bout ?3.50)

Comment

Got this for literally a pound during the recent offer, can't wait to get stuck into it once i get a pad for my new pc

Comment

You are better off playing it on a keyboard. Its how i play it and i have a 360 pad plugged in at all times. Theres only 4 buttons. Action, Left, Right and map.

Comment

Just finished this. Loved it from beginning to end, really wish it was longer!

Took me 2hrs 22mins with 940+ deaths.

Really hope they make another and expand it a bit. It was great just discovering things and revealing the map.

10/10

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
                You are better off playing it on a keyboard. Its how i play it and i have a 360 pad plugged in at all times. Theres only 4 buttons. Action, Left, Right and map.
                I just played through it using a SNES pad

That music you posted was the best in the game I think- and it played in my favourite section of the game too. Excellent retro stuff.

I'm still not really a fan of the "die 100 times on one level" style of gameplay... but there's no doubt that the level design in VVVVVV is pretty ingenious. The designer got a huge number of ideas out of a really simple mechanic.

Comment

Thanks for the link to the guy behind the music Family Fry will be purchasing a physical copy when i've got some funds to spare.

Comment

I don't know if you managed to get a copy Zero9X BUT if you go here.

You can get 10 indie albums (including the VVVVVV soundtrack) for as little as 65p, for 10!
                    Pay what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                      I don't know if you managed to get a copy Zero9X BUT if you go here.

You can get 10 indie albums (including the VVVVVV soundtrack) for as little as 65p, for 10!
                      Pay what you want.
                      Bought!

Comment

Still haven't picked up a physical copy. Will do when more funds are available, but did donate this morning on that link you provided in the bargains thread. Thanks again!

Comment

Last edited by MisterBubbles; 04-01-2012, 16:30.

Comment

Holy mint! C'mooooon blightay! Huzzah that shiz up over here. Cant wait, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                              I wish the guy would get this ported to consoles. Reckon it would go down 8-bit of a storm
                              Hoolak, VVVVVV is out now for US Ninty store, not sure when good old blighty is getting it, but lets hope it pretty sharpish, so if you have a US 3DS go get it now!

Comment

Ahh, my reply to above, is above the above.

Worth it for music alone, but the game is a charming ace.

Comment

Working...
                                X