VVVVVV (PC/Mac)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
    I lol'd when I saw who voted it 10/10. Me. Twice! Definitely deserves it though. Probably the best game of the past decade.
    You twice?

I think the 3DS version has extra levels doesn't it? Can't imagine it working very well on iOS with a touch screen though.

Comment

Nothing works well with a touch screen. I am also Sorrel Tilley so apparently I voted twice lol

Comment

Zomg! I've just started playing this and it's the most fun game ever. And infuriating. I feel like Ralph Wiggum when he ate the tomacco:

So dope. That "one more go"ness is just oozing from every pixel.

Comment

Did this come out on PlayStation?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
            Did this come out on PlayStation?
            Apparently so. States it's on ps4 and vita. Well worth a tenner.

Comment

Also now on the switch too as i spotted it on the japanese eshop.

Comment

Is this what c64 games were like back in the days?

Comment

It's worth every penny.

Brilliant game.

Comment

I really can't get over how dope and refreshingly addictive this is. Even when you want to throw the 3DS across the room because you know its all on you. Controls are so tight and they joy when you "get it" and solve an obstacle is palpable.

Wow. Is there anything else like this as its quite short. I'm thinking of Super Meat Boy?

Comment

Finished this recently, what a satisfying title it is. Really hits the spots that other big budget titles just can't reach.

Modern games don't have that controller flinging rage aspect like titles of yore used to. Nintendo with some Mario levels here and there have mastered this "just beyond your current skills" approach without making it seem like a cheap piss take and it was uber evident that the dev of VVVVVV paid attention to that along with a healthy dose of 8 bit inspiration for this title.

10/10

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
                        I really can't get over how dope and refreshingly addictive this is. Even when you want to throw the 3DS across the room because you know its all on you. Controls are so tight and they joy when you "get it" and solve an obstacle is palpable.

Wow. Is there anything else like this as its quite short. I'm thinking of Super Meat Boy?
                        Super Meat Boy may well fit the bill, but I'd also mention Celeste. My initial thoughts when playing Celeste was that it sat somewhere in the middle of Super Meat Boy and VVVVVV.

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
                        Is this what c64 games were like back in the days?

Last edited by ZipZap; 05-04-2018, 14:21.

Comment

I would also second Celeste, an amazing game that does bridge the gap between VVVVVV and meat boy, I even said this in my first play thread.

Comment

Fantastic. Will check out Celeste then.

Meat Boy will likely be played too after I've modded the new soundtrack out of it and replaced it with the proper one. So crucial.

Comment

Working...
                            X