Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    And a packet of Space Raider crisps . Brilliant times
    What were those other crisps like Space Raiders that were either bright red or orange? They were like brightly coloured Monster Munch. I loved them, but I bet they were full of bad colourings etc...

Retro candy. Couldn't find any mention of 'Laser Bars' that I also liked, but I guess they weren't on the market for long. Had a red line through the middle of the bar that was supposed to be a glowing laser.

I'm sure that some of them were really bad for you, but I felt good.

Crash magazine had unforgettable covers. An alien playing Space Invaders.
    Last edited by Leon Retro; 19-09-2019, 13:19.

Comment

So, about that CD-i copy protection...

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
        So, about that CD-i copy protection...
        This thread is probably the best thing that the CD-i has ever done

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
          This thread is probably the best thing that the CD-i has ever done

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
            What were those other crisps like Space Raiders that were either bright red or orange? They were like brightly coloured Monster Munch. I loved them, but I bet they were full of bad colourings etc...

Retro candy. Couldn't find any mention of 'Laser Bars' that I also liked, but I guess they weren't on the market for long. Had a red line through the middle of the bar that was supposed to be a glowing laser.

I'm sure that some of them were really bad for you, but I felt good.

Crash magazine had unforgettable covers. An alien playing Space Invaders.
            I used to love this drink

and this Mag

back in the ZX Spectrum days

Comment

I used to love this drink
              Yeah, that was really nice. The days when they actually put sugar in drinks rather than disgusting artificial sweetners. I hate the taste of Lilt and Tango these days because of that. Give me old fashioned sugar.

and this Mag

back in the ZX Spectrum days
              Bloody hell... I've never heard of that mag. Was it really early 80s? How many issues?

These were my favourite mags. They were full of all sorts of info for enthusiasts. C&VG had a very different approach but was also great. Then Mean Machines appeared and turned me into a devout console gamer.

Comment

Um Bongo, Um Bongo, they drink it in The Congo.

I had Feud on Speccy, too, it was my second new Speccy game in early '87, after Renegade. I was wowed by the exquisite, detailed graphics (I'd owned an Electron prior) but eventually got infuriated with its gameplay.

Jesus H. Crisps, was it really 32.5 years ago? All that life pissed away. Someone pass us a shotty.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                  Bloody hell... I've never heard of that mag. Was it really early 80s? How many issues?

[
                  Loads. Input used to be a mag multi format 8 Bit Micro Mag that taught you basic and would show you step by step how to make patterns, simple maze games Ect . I still have about 10 issues stored away. I'll try and dig them out on Sunday

Yeah, that was really nice. The days when they actually put sugar in drinks rather than disgusting artificial sweetners
                  Yeah all these new fake manufactured stuff that rots your brain LOL. Loved the 80's, not only do one get a ZX Spectrum and Master System for Chrismas but also Hai Karate and Insignia aftershave for Christmas LOL
                  Last edited by Team Andromeda; 20-09-2019, 06:49.

Comment

[MENTION=2924]Leon Retro[/MENTION] INPUT was an institution; it ran for years. The issues collected together into these huge binders, and they taught BASIC programming skills. Games were a big part of it, but it was about general computing, so how to program databases and such. They just often used games to illustrate examples.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                      [MENTION=2924]Leon Retro[/MENTION] INPUT was an institution; it ran for years. The issues collected together into these huge binders, and they taught BASIC programming skills. Games were a big part of it, but it was about general computing, so how to program databases and such. They just often used games to illustrate examples.
                      My Mother's best friend used to work in a Newsagents at the time and would give bring up all the new issues of Input along with a UK comic book called Scream, that was ace, had some stunning artwork and the likes of Uncle Terry (I'm so gutted I never kept all my issues)

Use to love Input and would spend hours trying to type in the basic code. My fab was when you had it showed you how to program a kaleidoscope-like pattern. It looked really impressive and took me like 2 hours to enter in all the code LOL

80's were the best

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                        Um Bongo, Um Bongo, they drink it in The Congo.

Kia-Ora also had a catchy tune.

Um Bongo was the drink you wanted though. Or Five Alive.

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                        I had Feud on Speccy, too, it was my second new Speccy game in early '87, after Renegade. I was wowed by the exquisite, detailed graphics (I'd owned an Electron prior) but eventually got infuriated with its gameplay.
                        I used to just wander around enjoying the atmosphere -- and then feel scared when the 'evil brother' came after me. The Amstrad version also looked really nice with some excellent music. A game that managed to draw you into another world.

Loads. Input used to be a mag multi format 8 Bit Micro Mag that taught you basic and would show you step by step how to make patterns, simple maze games Ect .
                        Now I know why I didn't buy it. I remember typing in a few listings when I first got a computer and I didn't enjoy the experience.

I've always been interested in computer/console tech, but the coding side of things is beyond me. I admire programmers but I have no interest in indulging in that sort of thing. It is interesting to see what clever coders managed to do with limited hardware -- and sometimes it's interesting to read their explanations -- but actual coding isn't something I'd ever be good at or enjoy.

I still think it's awesome how people code games, because I know I'd never be able to grasp it. It's just something that I'd never be good at because I have no passion for mathematical stuff. I was always good at English, Geography, Art, Humanities, because they interest me far more than maths.

Thank god for people who love the mathematical side of things though, because we wouldn't have games if they didn't create computer programming and use it to put all sorts of games together
                        Last edited by Leon Retro; 20-09-2019, 11:52.

Comment

Got a CDi on the way, my first, couldn't be more excited.

Comment

Har Har! *points*

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X