No announcement yet.

Gremlins 3(D)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gremlins was targeted at least partially at kids. It was not only a PG-13, it was actually the first PG-13 which was created so kids could see light horror/violence like this (and Indiana Jones Temple of Doom). Gremlins 2 was heavily marketed at kids.

But then lots of films have been oddly marketed at kids. Terminator 2 was another big example (even if the human body count was low, it still had torture, people getting impaled by the T-1000, the a-bomb scene)

Comment

...that bit where the kid treats The Terminator like a puppy...

Comment

Warner Bros. Pictures are reportedly moving ahead with a remake, rather than another sequel, to Amblin’s 1984 classic “Gremlins”. Joe Dante helmed the original about a young man (Zach Galligan) who inadvertently breaks the important rules concerning his new pet Mogwai, unleashing a horde of malevolent mischievous monsters on a small town. “Dark Shadows” and […]

The film is on the way at Warners but is now a reboot

Comment

Yay, another beloved classic raped by Hollywood. Can't they even try anymore? No doubt it's going to be filled to the brim with crappy CGI.

Comment

While I get increasingly less comfortable with the use of the word 'rape' to mean anything but actual rape, I understand your sentiment and agree entirely. I really do NOT need a modern CG Gremlins.

Comment

They could do awesome puppet work these days...wouldn't even need to design them around making the puppeteers invisible either. Just make them wear green suits and remove them digitally. Shame they won't bother...

Comment

Love the first, hate the 2nd. Its too trashy and satirical. This will be no better, you can bet the violence will be toned right down to below Tom n jerry level!

Comment

The gremlins films are 12a by today's standards!

But yes, it will blatantly be full of CGI. The scaley ones will probably look good for it, but the Furry ones will look too cute.

That's my prediction

Comment

Pretty sure the furry ones are suppose to look cute. Although isn't it popular to make things more dark and realistic looking these day? We might he a humanoid looking Emo gizmo.

I don't really have a problem with it being CGI but Grenlins does not really need remaking.
                    Last edited by rmoxon; 14-05-2013, 19:45.

Comment

Will Duncan Jones be in it?

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                        Pretty sure the furry ones are suppose to look cute. Although isn't it popular to make things more dark and realistic looking these day?
                        Are you proposing they shave gizmo?

Comment

With “Pixels” on the way later this Summer, the film’s writer/director Chris Columbus has begun doing his first press for the movie and he recently spoke about another movie he’s involved in – the reboot of “Gremlins”. Columbus famously penned the first film but opted out of the sequel. So why is he returning for […]

Chris Columbus has talked briefly about the film, the way he describes it makes it very much sound like it'll effectively be Gremlins 3/reboot ala the Star Trek reference he makes rather than a remake

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                            Will Duncan Jones be in it?
                            Is this a Zowie Bowie joke I've missed?

Comment

Following in the wake of films like “Jurassic World” and “Tron: Legacy” – it seems the long rumored “Gremlins” reboot won’t be a reboot after all – rather a continuation decades after the franchise began. Speaking at a Q&A following a screening of the original 1984 “Gremlins” at London’s Prince Charles Cinema this week, original […]

The star of the first two seems to confirm this will be Gremlins 3, not a remake

Comment

Awesome! I'm in!

Comment

Working...
                                X