Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gremlins 3(D)

It's being made : http://www.aintitcool.com/node/43756

Probably not involved: Joe Dante (booo!), Chris Columbus (booo!), Phoebe Cates (booo!).

Don't hold up much hope for this being any good. First two are classic horror comedies (first more horror, second more comedy).

Will they CG the Gremlins or keep it old school?

I love Pheobe Cates, nobody carries a fringe better than her.

Comment

Yeah, good(ish) news. It's 'only' 20 years since Gremlins 2. Wonder if Zach Galligan'll be in it?

Comment

Lets be real, the first is an 80's classic. The 2nd was pure 90's b-movie trash. Even as a kid I hated it. Totally lacked the charm of the original. A new sequel could be good but we're ol skool so will probably hate cgi gremilns in place of animatronic ones booooooo!

Comment

I thought Gremlins 2 was a great film. It's not often you see a film where the director and writers are given a big budget and told to just do whatever they like.

Comment

For me the first one was good, but the second was even better. Very subversive, considering who the target market was, and still a very funny film, with all the little parodies in it. Plus it has a Hulk Hogan cameo!

Comment

Or an incredibly convincing John Wayne look alike cameo (depending on which version you saw)

Comment

Second one was much, much better imo. Don't really rate the first that highly at all in comparison.

Comment

I love both Gremlins films but the second is better by quite a bit I feel.

Anyway, Still looking forward to this a bit even if it dosent have Phoebe Crates...

Comment

First one's great, second one's great.

First one has a perfect plot and feel, second is basically a plot extension with loads of gremlins in a skyscraper, it's nowhere near as fully-formed as the first, it's well-'franchise'-y (but still good).

Gremlins (1) did it first, did it better, and even had that Xmas atmos (plus, THAT microwave bit), and is more consistent in plot than the second. A film for kids but pretty damn adult.

It's like saying that Temple Of Doom is better than Raiders...

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                      First one's great, second one's great.

First one has a perfect plot and feel, second is basically a plot extension with loads of gremlins in a skyscraper, it's nowhere near as fully-formed as the first, it's well-'franchise'-y (but still good).

Gremlins (1) did it first, did it better, and even had that Xmas atmos (plus, THAT microwave bit), and is more consistent in plot than the second. A film for kids but pretty damn adult.

It's like saying that Temple Of Doom is better than Raiders...
                      How is gremlins for kids at all??? its a 15 they wouldnt have been able to see it at the cinema.

I actualy think the Second has better pacing and a better plot, the first one is kind of stop start in places. Still love it though.

Comment

Well, since in 1984/85, home video rentals were at the top of their game, and I was 9/10 during that period, it was THE film, all the kids at school were raving about it, word of mouth was *incredible*,it was 'the film to see' for kids aged between 8-13! The parents didn't care, "It's a 15, it's a kid's film". It WAS aimed at kids, I remember having some Gizmo-related 'talking book' affair, and I'm sure in the US it garnered either a PG-13 or an R rating (kids could see both, if accompanied by elder kids/adults in the latter's case).

And, anyway, 15 year olds ARE kids!!!!!!!!!!!

(The first one's the best, that fact still remains).

Comment

So in stating that anyone can see R rated films when acompanied by an adult youre basicaly saying that kids films should be allowed to have R rated material in them? Pretty bizzare statment.

Gremlins was a PG13 in the US I think, although I could be wrong, but that was a raiting which was actualy brought about to show parents certain films had darker themes that WERE NOT really for kids in them. Its not a kids film (and the fact is that the second one is the best anyway)

Having said all that I think it has recently been recertified as a PG in the US though hasnt it? It makes sense actualy, the film dosent really contain any kind of edgey content or anything. I'm not sure how it got the 15 raiting over here really. Yet to this day it still is one.
                          Last edited by rmoxon; 28-01-2010, 03:27.

Comment

^I'm NOT arguing. You DO NOT need to TRY and argue. STOP.

What I just said WAS fact, IS fact.

Just because you like Gremlins 2: The New Batch better than Gremlins doesn't mean *anything*, it's merely An Opinion. The first Gremlins was *entirely* aimed at kids (and that's a fact).

Stop arguing, decelerate, press hard upon your pedals, accept The Fact.

Comment

Anyway, ignore me, I'm on the vodka, I am Ivan Drago.

Comment

Working...
                              X