No announcement yet.

No More Heroes 2 Desperate Struggle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had trouble on that one, too. It's like the difficulty level just leapt up out of nowhere. I ended up alternating madly running away and trying to get close when I could. I felt like I beat him due to random luck rather than because I knew what I was doing. I hate it when that happens in games.

Comment

Up to Rank 2 now.

It's funny, I've had exactly the same experience with this as I had with the first. I hit a brick wall about half way through the game, the boss handing my arse to me until I properly figured out the fighting system and now I'm breezing through it.

Comment

Just finished it. Loved the final boss. His first stage is incredibly silly. The second stage got on my nerves a bit until I realised you can provoke him into doing one of his softer attacks. And the third stage was typically OTT but really easy thanks to my trusty tiger powers.

Now then... Can someone explain the absolutely bonkers epilogue to me?

Comment

By bonkers epilogue, you mean

Sylvia is a stripper and Travis finds her?
          I thought that since Travis swore he would take down the UAA this happened after him killing Batt JNR, all the money Batt invested in UAA and Santa Destroy generally would be no more, after sylvia dropped off an unconscious Travis I assume she just drove off leaving him. What I got from it is with the UAA disbanded Santa Destroy may have become peaceful or a place where assassins have no ranks, either way Santa Destroy needs them and they need it.

After thinking about the game a lot I enjoyed NMH1 more, although I'm starting to see the message that's in this game and the tone that is set in it.
          Also anyone notice in the credits

Takashi Miike

was credited, think he was

Bishops friend, the one that gives Shinobu "Rose Nasty" for Travis

Comment

I was wondering who he voiced too, and that makes sense now that you mention it.

I definitely liked NMH1 more too. I'm one of the few people who enjoyed the open world and thought the structure made the assassination missions more satisfying once you'd toiled to get to them.

NMH2 is still ace though. The story has a bit of a spaghetti western feel to me, and though the structure felt like a step backwards, Grasshopper did at least make the combat more fun.
            Last edited by Kaladron; 31-01-2010, 14:31.

Comment

Was the motion plus compatibility removed in the end?

Comment

Yeah no motion plus, only classic controller compatibility was added, never did try it though.

Comment

Nice, so old skool is still the king

Comment

Excuse the random question but can anyone tell me the name of the move that can be triggered once the Tiger Meter fills up?

Comment

Sure that is called Ecstasy Mode, the one that speeds you up crazy fast and slows everything around you.

Comment

That's the one. Cheers mate.

Comment

Finished this at the weekend. I think the only even slightly negative thing I can say about it is it's a sequel, so it can't possibly feel as fresh and different as the first NMH did. It's probably the better game gameplay-wise, even though it feels like there's less to it because there's no travelling around the city or saving money for the next ranked fight any more. The last boss

really sucked. His second stage just wasn't fun at all. Luckily his third form was easy and meant I didn't finish the game feeling completely pissed off. I was kinda disappointed with the ending, but again that's only because of high expectations after the insanity at the end of the first game. Should've known there's no way they could top that.

The series is still out there on its own and nothing else feels like it. We could do with more games that aren't always so super serious and often dull in comparison. I really hope we haven't seen the last of Travis. He is a fantastic character and playing as him is somehow different to playing as anyone else in other games. Not sure if that makes sense but it's what I feel.

I haven't tried the classic controller yet but I intend to. I reckon it will lose quite a lot without the remote swings, though. This is one of those games that gets motion controls just right and it really adds to the experience. I'm sure many would disagree but I just can't imagine buttons being a decent alternative.

Comment

Completely agree on your last two points there.

Travis is awesome. I imagine that's exactly how I'd act if I lived inside a videogame world.

Comment

Know exactly how you feel about Travis, he's just a cool character to play and push the story forward, dialogue is always sharp, the voice acting is spot on, he is a great lead and feels more animated than other main characters.
                              Hope this isn't the last we see of the series also, it deserves to do well. Hopefully PS3/360 versions will do better, Marvellous have already taken note of NMH2 for PS3/360 chatter.
                              I will be more than happy to rebuy and replay NMH on 360, hopefully it will comes out over here.

Comment

I fell in love with No More Heroes and I regard it as one of my most favourite games ever and I canot wait for the 360 version.

I spent all last week jonesing for NMH2 and my excitement was palpable.

I just popped it in and played to the end of the third guy

football player, robot fight

and I couldn't be more disappointed

It feels like it has lost all of it's charm and soul. It doesn't have the subtlety of the original. It has all the pieces (Travis, pixel art, panty shots etc.) but it just doesn't bring them together. Some of it is just crazy for the sake of being crazy and you can tell Suda wasn't that involved with it.

I can only describe it as not having the charm and soul of the first one.

It feels like someone tried to be Suda but didn't listen to the old adage of bad artists copy, great artists steal. The first game has been copied by someone who just doesn't quite get it.

I've only done an hour or so and will stick with it but man, I am crushed.

Comment

Working...
                                X