No announcement yet.

No More Heroes 2 Desperate Struggle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is may be the reason that Grasshopper so rarely does sequels... How do you follow up something so unique without diluting the impact or going in a different direction?

You can't. Personally, I think they did the right thing by making the game so different to the first and by concentrating on gameplay improvements. The combat is undeniably better this time.

Comment

sorry chopemon.
      Know what you are saying though, really don't know how much Suda 51 was involved, he is fully directing the EA game with Mikami. Combat is definitely less stiff and it has some cool new mini games, games was just as big also I checked my completion time NMH2 at over13 hours and believe it or not 14 hours on NMH.
      It's an odd one as they give with one but almost take an even ammount back with the other, I felt and it evens out in an odd way.
      Personally I do prefer 1, think that solely because everything was so new and god damn cool, Sylvias garden of madness calls, the intro to the fights where you get name spelled out on the ground and the bosses were made more memorable from being a first experience.
      NMH 2 is far from a bad game, I had hyped myself up on the back of NMH personally and that was my mistake once I thought about this one stand alone, it did have some really great moments.
      Read a few peoples comments who missed the first game and have got this and loved it, can imagine them buying the original and not liking that as much as the second, yet again first experiences pushing through?

Comment

Is there any way to force a US version of this, running on a US Wii, to boot in PAL60 RGB mode? I managed to do it with Muramasa, since RGB SCART looks so much better than NTSC S-Video. I've played this a bit via S-Video, and it looks washed out, dark and blurry like most things do via S-video on my TV.

I've tried booting the original disc via a few different loaders, and I either get a 002 error, or a blank green screen. Loading from a USB HDD doesn't work since patching for error 002 results in an error 001.

So, can the US version run in RGB? Or should I have bought the PAL version? Was the PAL version censored?

Bah! I'm really starting to hate the Wii - I'm either stuck with 60Hz in blurry S-video, or I have to buy PAL and get 50Hz or censored games in RGB.

Comment

Not too clued up on the dispaly rates I'm afraid, do know that the PAL is out soon (28st May) and should be full gore uncensored version.

Comment

Thanks for the info, but I don't really feel like the hassle of selling this and rebuying it in PAL.

Stuff like this makes me want to only pirate my games - I go to the trouble of paying for them, and then I can't play them as I want. I want my NTSC games to run in 60Hz, in RGB, on my US Wii. Not any other way.

Well, I managed to fix the booting error and it boots in NTSC, but I still have no idea how to get this to force boot in either PAL50 or PAL60. In both instances I get a black screen crash.

Random googling mentions things about changing the system's IOS and using Neogamma, but I don't feel like messing with the machine's softmodded innards.
            Last edited by Sketcz; 15-05-2010, 17:30.

Comment

The guys over at Nintedo Life are showing this awesome t-shirt you can own, if you pre-order the game from Game australia, its so freaking great i may import it.

Comment

I have mine preordered at Game, and I live in Australia! The question is, would I have the courage to wear it?

Comment

This was posted in the headlines thread a while back - I love that tee!

Comment

Just picked up the pal release of this yesterday. Absolutely fantastic so far. I'm disappointed that the overworld is gone but its about my only complaint. Very rarely do I sit in front of a screen grinning to myself like an idiot but I'm only 2 ranked fights in and there have been plenty of great moments so far, the lead up to

Santa Death Parade

being a highlight.

Oh and the game seems to run at some crazy low resolution too. Or it could just be me.

Comment

Lots of fun to be had here. Good music, good gameplay, geeky and vulgar references left, right and centre and mor No More Heroes. What else can you ask for?

Comment

Is it 100% uncensored bud? I'm awaiting something, I'm itching to get into town to pick this up..

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                          What else can you ask for?
                          A Japanese release date

Comment

I wish I had more time to play this game. Just fought

Kimmy Howell

last night. The fight itself was nothing spectacular but I was laughing my way through all the dialogue.

Comment

I remember they originally said there would be two versions for Europe. Did they can that idea?

Can anyone who has picked up the PAL release confirm if it's uncensored this time?

Comment

mine is definitely uncensored. I can't imagine they actually went ahead with 2 versions, or if they did, I suspect the censored version was only released in germany or something.

Comment

Working...
                                X