No announcement yet.

No More Heroes 2 Desperate Struggle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I hear what you're saying. Some of the bosses were great and some of them missed the boat a little. Not as consistently brilliant as NMH 1 which had great bosses for every stage but still no laughing matter. Hopefully with NMH 3 they'll return to the quality the first game had and more.

Comment

Originally posted by mekanor View Post
      even though I didn't feel they were fleshed out enough.
      Same here. I would have liked maybe some sort of short video (anime style or something) before each boss that would have told the player about their history (like how they became assassins), personality etc. Some of those cool character designs are wasted with the lack of information about the characters themselves.

Loving the game as a whole, even though the controls and camera feel a little "wonky" at times (like in NMH1). The atmosphere, originality, humour and style are quality you'd expect from a Suda 51 game.
      Last edited by Guts; 11-06-2010, 21:21.

Comment

I've been playing this for a couple of days now and I am sadly in the same camp as Chopes on this - despite taking what could be considered logical steps to improve the original, it feels as though someone far more critical has got lost in the process, and it just doesn't have the same soul to it.

I'll stick it out but my first impressions on this are quite disappointing

Comment

Years after first trying this and not enjoying it, I have given it another go. My initial criticisms hold true, this is a shadow of the first NMH but I'm now enjoying it.

I am playing on easy to blast through it and I highly recommend this route. It means that the game isn't hard enough to require you to do the mini games to earn more cash to get new weapons and upgrades. The NES style mini games are hot trash; clumsy and frustrating and are best avoided. Skipping those gives you a 6 or so hour romp through some interesting character designs (If you like the NMH ladies there is plenty of fan service here), enjoyable (if quick) boss battles and a good dose of Grasshopper style. None of the characters have the style and build up to them that the NMH bosses did though.

I really miss the open world stuff because I just adore the sun bleached look of Santa Destroy and enjoyed finding all the t shirts hidden in dumpsters.

Still isn't a great game but glad I've gone back to it.

Comment

Finished it this morning. Last boss fight has a chance of one shot killing you out of nowhere so it took me a few attempts and was mildly frustrating. Several of the bosses (and groups of enemies) have attacks that can very easily juggle you or break your guard since your sword battery drains. This can be really frustrating but you can at least learn to deal with it.

The ending is fairly underwhelming and short. Important things happen before the fight but the end is just lacklustre.

Glad I played through it and experienced the style and atmosphere and I'm off to track down the soundtrack in some form.

Comment

The thing I most loved about this was the retro bug-hunt mini-game you played to raise cash. That was fantastic. As mini-games go, it's up there with Con-Sumo in Canis Canem Edit.

Comment

Well I'm so late to the party but finally got to play this today and completed it in under 10 hours. I loved the first game so much that I rebought it on the 360 only to find all the speech in Japanese and loading times 3 times longer than the Wii. Such disappointment. Anyway, on to the second game and the disappointment stays. I really missed the driving parts. The game feels so small now compared to the first one. The graphics are a real mixed bag too. Some areas look really poor as if they run in 240p or something. Really ugly even through component. I'm sure the first game looked so much better.

To me, No More Heroes 2 is like a budget add on. Many of the same characters including bosses, same level areas reused with different skins and half the content.

Comment

Suda51 hasn't ruled out the possibility of a No More Heroes 3.

Comment

Let's hope he does a proper job as No. 2 is piss poor compared to the original.

Comment

Still live in hope for something that plays like killer7. I hold that in very high esteem. I also like how you can play NMH on the PS3 With analogues (although it is move compatible) I remember playing the US Original uncensored on Wii when a lot of us here we're loving it.

I didn't like how they did away with the map for the 2nd. It isn't as good as the 1st, but it definitely isn't God Of War 2 Sequel awful thankfully.

Comment

I think if the Japanese Wii version of the first had blood rather than coins I might have played more. Not that the blood in MadWorld made me enjoy it more, it was fun for a while anyway.

Comment

I had the Japanese Wii game and from what I remember it did have blood.

Comment

They might have brought out an updated version later, but what came out at release had no blood at all, which was why I couldn't see how it was so violent. I only noticed after watching a video of the US version on YouTube.

Last edited by kryss; 29-07-2015, 02:10.

Comment

Working...
                            X