How to Train your Dragon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Train your Dragon

Official Site of DreamWorks Animation. For 25 years, DreamWorks Animation has considered itself and its characters part of your family.

Looks pretty decent. Pure fantasy, minimal pop culture references. Different visual style to Dreamwork's usual fare and looks like they've put a fair bit of work into it. Does bare a strong resemblance to the Norse themed areas of WoW:WotLK at one particular point though.

Kung Fu Panda shows they can do great stuff when they put genuine care into their films. Hoping this will be more KFP than Monsters vs Aliens.

Also continues the trend of "Dreamworks films look like.."

Last edited by abigsmurf; 03-02-2010, 15:32.

Ha ha, nice link. The trailer for this before Avatar looked quite impressive.

Comment

The reviews of this are incredibly positive so far. Seems to be a pretty good fantasy film.

It's getting next to no marketing though

*edit*

95%, 2nd highest rated movie of 2010 so far.
      Last edited by abigsmurf; 26-03-2010, 14:53.

Comment

When I saw the concept art for this I was really looking forward to it, then I saw how they were interpreted in 3D and it didn't look quite as good. Then the trailer hit and I heard the typical US kid voices and guessed the story in a heartbeat Still, I'll give it a look.

This looks better though - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePelc...layer_embedded
        Last edited by Wil; 26-03-2010, 15:05.

Comment

Word from the inside on this one was very good from day one and, now, it seems word from the outside is backing that up. I'm hearing nothing but absolutely glowing reports about the movie.

Comment

Just seen this Panzer Dragoon Kids

I was wary at first but it really is a good film and better than most of Dreamworks animated output (I include Kung Fu Panda in that statement)

Comment

Just back from this. Thought it was kind of light on laughs, although there were a few. Great visuals though and worth seeing 3D at the cinema.

Comment

Originally posted by Wil View Post
                I heard the typical US kid voices and guessed the story in a heartbeat Still, I'll give it a look.
                The trailer made it look like an alright film, but the voice acting will certainly deter me from ever watching it, which could be a shame.

Comment

It is stereotypical annoying American teenager voices. Coupled with Vikings who are all from Scotland, somehow.

The flying bits were all cool though.

Comment

Pleasant enough stuff... Enjoyed the dragon immensely and some of the flight scenes near the end were gorgeous

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                      It's getting next to no marketing though
                      You're not kidding. I just found out about this... because there's an IGN review of the game up.

Comment

That dragon is so Stitch-like, I'm amazed Disney hasn't brought on a lawsuit. It has Sanders and Deblois all over it which might explain why it seems to be defying the typical Dreamworks "'tudey animals do human-like things" formula.

Comment

Working...
                        X