Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PS3 fat 60GB hardware BC vs 320GB slim - which to sell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3 fat 60GB hardware BC vs 320GB slim - which to sell?

I have both... The fat has been with me for ages, and has served me well. I don't use up too much hard disk space, as I have few downloaded games / content. I bought the slim for us to have fun in the office, but the CEO kiboshed that idea.

Which one should I sell at this point or is it much of a muchness? (I rarely play anything these days and am massively slimming down the collection, but PS3 games are worth almost nothing so I'm keeping most of them.)

Hoo tapper, I think the fats are well sought after due to backwards compatibilty.

Comment

Personally I'd sell the original 60GB model with PS2 backwards compatibility partly for the reason [MENTION=5011]vanpeebles[/MENTION] gave. But I could imagine you could easily make a case for selling the PS3 Slim if that was important to you.

Comment

Hmm. Well I'll be selling my PS2 games, I only have four and they're all quite valuable so I can sell them easily...

Comment

It's only a matter of time before that fat PS3 conks out; I'd get rid of it before then.

Comment

Originally posted by topper View Post
            Hmm. Well I'll be selling my PS2 games, I only have four and they're all quite valuable so I can sell them easily...
            Go on then, I'll bite

What are they?

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
              Go on then, I'll bite

What are they?
              Rumbal Racing
              Singstar II
              Crabby Adventure
              FIFA 14

Comment

Originally posted by topper View Post
                I bought the slim for us to have fun in the office, but the CEO kiboshed that idea.

Which one should I sell at this point?
                Sell the CEO, obviously. To organ smugglers. It will be a lesson they never forget.

Comment

Keep the fat one so you can pop on Gradius V or Stuntman.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    Keep the fat one so you can pop on Gradius V or Stuntman.
                    Stuntman is on PS3, bro!

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                      Stuntman is on PS3, bro!
                      Ignition is great, but I also love the original Stuntman on PS2.
                      It does the Spiral Loop jump from The Man With The Golden Gun, Tuk Tuk chase and a couple of great levels like a Chow Yun Fat movie where you drive through an office!

Comment

Presumably the OG Ps3 will be pushing up daisies at some point given how shakey the hardware can be so I'd vote to sell that one, plus I think PS3 ... customising means you can get the Slim to run PS2 games anyway which may eventually devalue the OG model.

Comment

[MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION]

Whoops, I forgot!

But as you may remember, mine is Japanese and called SUTANTOMAN IGUNISHON so I just mentally call it Stuntman.

Comment

Ha, I thought you'd forgotten!

The original is still a great game, although the graphics are a lot more sparse than the sequel on the following gen.

It's tougher than I remember too, rose-tints making me forget the endless takes, striving for perfection.

There are a couple of other PS2 gems like Manhunt that you won't see again, but I like having the PS3 around so I can sling on a PS1 through 3 game like R-Types or Ghost in the Shell.

Comment

Thank you for reminding me about Stuntman. Just googled and Ignition is BC on the Bone! There’s a copy in my local CeX for £2.50, gonna go grab it

I only ever had the demo BITD but really enjoyed it, no idea why I didn’t buy it. I’d like to play the PS2 one but I’m too lazy to connect it up.

Comment

Working...
                              X