No announcement yet.

Games to buy when on holiday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peace Walker is entirely in Japanese, so would surely be wasted on all but the Japanese and me.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
      Xbox 360
      ESP Galuda II
      Mushihimesama Futari
      Death Smiles IIX

All these 360 games are region free, is that right?
      deathsmiles 2 won't be region free, cave said espgaluda 2 would be the last region free release for now.

and make sure you get the standard edition espgaluda 2, the limited edition is region locked.

have a good holiday

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
        Peace Walker is entirely in Japanese, so would surely be wasted on all but the Japanese and me.
        dood, you should know that playing a game in another lingo is double the fun! especially MGS! I plowed thorugh MGS 2 and 3 in Japanese, before I plowed through them again in english lol........

Guys take loads of photos of 'teh promised land' to share if you can!

Comment

Yeah, I want to get a JP copy of MGS original just to play in Japanese.

Comment

Originally posted by Anilones
            Are XBL points region specific? I was looking at buying some duty free packs when I fly later this month. If not, I'll make sure I get them in the UK airport.
            Yeah, they are unfortunately region specific.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
              Yeah, I want to get a JP copy of MGS original just to play in Japanese.
              It's up on the JPN PSN isn't it?

Comment

Is Teddy still in Japan? Is he checking the forum?

He should keep an eye out for Railfan on the PS3. The Chicago blue cover one. It goes for at least £65 used on eBay. I'm wondering how much it costs in Japan these days?

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                  Is Teddy still in Japan? Is he checking the forum?

He should keep an eye out for Railfan on the PS3. The Chicago blue cover one. It goes for at least ?65 used on eBay. I'm wondering how much it costs in Japan these days?
                  I leave on Tuesday. Is it worth picking up if I can find it?

Is it worth picking up 2 copies I I'm feeling mercenary?

Comment

Checking the net from your hotel?

Anyway, it's a PS3 train driving game, and it's FMV based as opposed to polygons like the PS2 Densha de Go games. I bought the sequel, Taiwan Railfan and didn't like it much. Most people agree the first one, with the blue cover and locations in Chicago, is the better game. It also has an aerial view filmed from a helicopter, which sounds cool. Hence why I'm interested in it. I love anything weird.

I guess it depends on how much you want to play something as odd as a train-driving sim, especially one which is officially regarded as not being the best of the genre (Densha de Go Final is said to be the best train game around). You might hate it! There's a first play thread on here though with a lot of praise given for it.

As for being mercenary, I reckon you should be able get £40 BiN on eBay, since all other copies range from £65-95. A lot of second-hand games in Japan go for stupid prices, especially if they're classified as "junk soft". Look for games missing manuals or with broken cases, and you'll get them super cheap. I found several expensive saturn classics for around 200 yen each, just because they had some sun fade.

My main reason for wanting to know is:
                    Are foreign eBay sellers just gouging the prices higher? Because £65 for a used copy is crazy. Or is it cheap in Japan, but foreign demand is driving prices up? If you can find it for £20 used in a lot of places, I might ask a pen-pal over there to hunt a copy down. I don't really feel like paying more than that.

Btw, have you tried unagi while there? Mind-blowingly good.
                    Last edited by Sketcz; 15-05-2010, 09:11.

Comment

I'll keep an eye open for it.

Leaving tomorrow now it looks like the airports are back open.

I'll let you know if I find it cheap enough.

Comment

Cool, cheers. Make sure to try the unagi before you leave.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                          Cool, cheers. Make sure to try the unagi before you leave.
                          That's actually on my list of things to do this year!

Comment

My jetset lifestyle is taking me to Orlando in just over a month's time. Anything gaming-wise I should pick up whilst over there??

Comment

The new Layton game will be out, if you're into that sort of thing
                              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Arise thread and be helpful once more.

Off to Tokyo a week on Tuesday and I'm a little out of touch with the import scene at the moment.

Any amazing PS3 games I may have missed? I'm planning to pick up Winning Eleven just for the commentary and I may pick up a couple of the region free Xbox 360 shooters. Are the "platinum" versions of Espgaluda II & Deathsmiles II region locked?

What's cool? What's funky? What's weird? I need games!!

No UMD based PSP anymore and no DS at all (although that may change this week).

Comment

Working...
                                X