The Addams Family (Tim Burton)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Addams Family (Tim Burton)

Admit it, before you clicked it you had a mental image of what it could look like with Depp as Gomez and Mrs. Burton as Morticia.

Not one to stray too far from familiar territory recently, this seems like a dream project for Burton. Apparently it's going to be a stop motion/CG hybrid along the lines of The Corpse Bride.

Update: Burton's people told MTV, "There is no truth to the story. Tim has not lined up any of his upcoming projects," although that just means it might

Can't see it being better than the two 90's films (which I love). The less said about the Tim Curry one, the better.

I'll be honest, all through the 90's I always thought the original films were by Tim Burton. They are great films. This sounds quite exciting, Corpse Bride wasn't much good, but this suits Burton down to the ground.

Comment

Oh man, I wish Burton would do more original stuff.

I'm tired of these reimaginings or whatever the hell he calls them. Planet of the Apes, Willy Wonka, Alice in Wonderland, this. He really does set himself up for a shoeing.

I know it's not all he does, but his best stuff is usually more original efforts.

Enough!

Comment

I really like Barry Sonnenfeld's films - I thnk they're funnier than Tim Burton could've managed.

Comment

Wot no Depp?

Comment

I wish Burton would go away, i'm totally ill of him doing films with these themes.

The originals with Raul Julia are fine as they are, we don't need any more. Do not want.

Comment

Burton, please do not re-make this...the originals are my guilty pleasure.

Comment

Yorn. More pail faced dolls with dark painted eyes and black lipstick singing "Ghoulish" songs...
                Tim...please please please...f*ck off.

Comment

Originally posted by BeyondJumpFish View Post
                  Tim...please please please...f*ck off.
                  That pretty much sums up how I feel too. I used to like Tim Burton, but I don't feel he has done anything worthy since Big Fish.

His Charlie and the Choc Factory remake was in a word unnecessary, and his Alice film looks awful. Sad times

Comment

I haven't seen Alice yet but it doesn't exactly float my boat but, yeah, Burton's output recently has oscillated all over the place quality-wise. That said, I think Sweeney Todd is fairly magnificent. I haven't liked anything else he's done since Sleepy Hollow though. I really wanted to like Corpse Bride and technically it's marvellous, but it is so very dullllll.

Comment

Unfortunately the more Emos there are in the world to fund Burtons projects, the more studio execs are gonna sign him on the dotted line. I mean, he probably didnt even need to pitch his Addams family idea in the first place.

Burtons better when he does the less obvious, except for Planet of the Apes which was terrible. . . . . of course he blamed studio intervention on that turkey.

Comment

I still like Burton films a great deal, but I think they're just suffering from saturation right now. He'd benefit a great deal from stepping back a bit and looking at what he can do that's new. As you say, something a bit less obvious.

I thought Sweeney Todd was excellent. Before that, it was probably Sleepy Hollow.

Comment

Big Fish was great but Burton was more restrained with that (aside from casting his wife AGAIN). I suppose in creating a feel good film there're less avenues to make it all gothic.

Comment

This would be amazing, Johnny Depp as Gomez, his missus Bonham Carter as Morticia and maybe Matt Lucas as Uncle Fester... what can go wrong? lol

Comment

And that kid from 2 and a half men as Pugsley? The problem is that the original was cast and acted out to perfection IMO. I mean Im not a MASSIVE fan of the movies but I appreciated they hit the right notes and were dark enough in tone.

Comment

Working...
                              X