2 10.00%

1 5.00%

2 10.00%

6 30.00%

7 35.00%

1 5.00%

0 0%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    At times I've found myself wanting to tap on a wall to alert a guard Also, I've felt the need to move bodies.

I really enjoy popping heads with my silenced pistol and the silhouette trace of Sam that gets left behind after being detected is a great idea.

Sounds like my concerns are true, that they've taken the Splinter Cell out of Splinter Cell. I think I'll wait for the price to drop before I get this.

Quote Originally Posted by hoolak View Post
    At times I've found myself wanting to tap on a wall to alert a guard Also, I've felt the need to move bodies.

I really enjoy popping heads with my silenced pistol and the silhouette trace of Sam that gets left behind after being detected is a great idea.
    You can use the sticky cameras to alert guards, I used them quite a few times towards the end of the game and they worked perfectly. I somewhat agree about the body moving but taking into account Fisher's state of mind I guess he isn't too fussed about that. Maybe that is why the developers chose to leave that ability out of the game. Hmm.

Either way I get what you're saying though. MGS related avatars ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    Sounds like my concerns are true, that they've taken the Splinter Cell out of Splinter Cell. I think I'll wait for the price to drop before I get this.
    I wouldn't say that is true actually. As I mentioned earlier, it still felt like a Splinter Cell game to me. Sam Fisher isn't a Third Echelon agent/spy anymore and that is reflected in the gameplay. Stealth/not getting spotted is still a big part of the game but you can also tackle scenarios with a more action oriented approach if you wish. The majority of the time you won't be too successful but, hey, it's an option.

If the development team had stuck with their original concept (Sam Fisher the hobo!) then, yeah, that would have been them taking Splinter Cell out of Splinter Cell but that is not the case with Conviction. It is still very much a Splinter Cell game and the ironic thing is that some reviews I've read have actually marked it down for that.
    Last edited by ezee ryder; 16-04-2010 at 04:51 PM.

The bit I found hard was on the last level

after you interrogate the vice-president, and then guys come at you from every angle with

very little cover and absolutely no chance of being stealthy.

Hated that bit, and died about 8-10 times, not looking forward to that on my realistic difficulty playthrough.

Ah ok. I did that first time, no problems.

That area was pretty much covered in darkness so I found cover behind a table, marked four guys "furthest" away and when the closest guy came near me I took him out via the B button. Once that was done I quickly executed the four guys I tagged. There were another couple of guys lingering around but I just threw a sticky camera near them, made noise, took the guy out that came near it (via detonation of course) and just shot the other dude in the head as he came to check what happened.

Epic!

I'm not feeling the love for this game at all. Find the graphics at times quite hideous and the story predictable and bland. Its really gone down hill for the series, once its over i'm done with it.

I'm finding I'm missing the night vision goggles a lot. It's an alright game, some sections almost force shoot outs on you and the whole thing falls apart then. It's a fair installment though not the best one... or even second best... maybe not third best...

I'd agree with both of the above posts, at time it's graphically average and I too prefer the night vision goggles to the sonar ones.

I still like the game though.

Gotta say, I haven't had a problem with the graphics. I've never stopped and thought, "they could of done better...". Been more bothered about how I'm gonna clear the place.

I don't think it's that bad graphically. My favourite graphic is Sam's hair.

Yeah, the graphics could be better I guess but they are far from hideous.