Splinter Cell: Conviction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
    I've never liked Splinter Cell, I'll be honest. I've always considered it awful compared to MGS but, being desperate to play some more 3rd person action goodness I borrowed this from work.

I've just finished it and thought it was brilliant! Looked great, controlled well (except for some interesting context sensitive confusion) and the sound design was excellent.

Slightly disappointed with the length of the game (I finished it in two 3 hour sittings) and the story just sort of ended. I felt that there was scope for at least one more level after the final cutscene.

Still, so impressed am I that I'm going to convince a mate to buy it so we can do some co-op action.

Good stuff.

When the poll is put on this is going to get 8 / 10.
    Cor, back when I used to post about games I was playing!!

I did enjoy this title.

Comment

Haha, I bought the collectors edition with the Sam Fisher figure and Steelbook n CD (iirc) in Leeds White Rose GAME back in late 2010.

I got lazy, STILL on my To Play list, despite me loving the original, Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory. I need to get Double Agent and this out from the vaults on 360, plus I have Blacklist on PS3.

I actually own Splinter Cell Double Agent on PS2, Xbox, 360 and Wii.

Comment

And that version of Chaos Theory on the 3DS. It was very cheap in Morrisons back in late 2013 and it's just very awkward to play, if quite impressive but over-ambitious. Graphics don't quite hit, don't quite convince, fiddly controls, my hands just couldn't take the pain, I have big hands, absolute torture playing this on 2DS, might have to blast some cash on an XL...

Comment

We went to the New Forest one year and i took a 360 and this, played it the whole holiday. Thought it was a great game, being a big fan of the original too.
          Deserves another playthrough really, but don't have the time. If you haven't played it, get to it.

Comment

Bordersdown underrated gem, we reckon? I'd blast this if the Xbone can handle it!

Main thing I remember it getting dissed about at the time of review was the gimmick it used, whereby it would project your next objectives onto walls ingame. I think reviewers at the time thought it too patronising and hand-holdy and it seemed to derail interest in the franchise a tad.

But with games, like with boobz, gotta suckum and see.

Comment

Working...
            X