No announcement yet.

Splinter Cell: Conviction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been debating going through it again on Realistic as i kinda enjoyed the game, the fact the achievement may glitch is really putting me off at the moment though

Comment

I'm on this at the moment - Started out on realistic and am doing ok, it's not as stealthy as I would like, and some of the finer things that I would associate with a spliner cell game are missing: Moving bodies for one

One annoyance is having to go in guns blazing which happens way more than it should - Winging in grenades and obliterating stuff is not the way I want to play it, but sometimes there is little choice.

The headshot aim can be a little flakey from my experience, and it is usually when you most need that critical headshot to kill.

I had one game on the multiplay, and completed the first mission - The guy I was put with was an absolute demon. I felt rather embarrassed trying to keep up with him. I'll have a look at this again when I have completed the game.

Overall i'm enjoying it - It has its flaws, but for me it's a perfectly adequate gaming experience.

Comment

The Infiltration modes are really intense. Love them.

Comment

I've completed the main story on realistic and I loved this game. It's my first Splinter Cell experience since trying a demo yonks ago on the xbox (which I didn't like). It certainly is different with the objectives, movies etc playing on the walls but is very cool. I am really having fun completing the PEC challenges and the Deniable Ops and Co-op are icing on the cake and great games in their own right.

I agree I would've been happier with more opportunity to be able to sneak on all of the levels so you can play entirely in sneak mode or go in all guns blazing as you like.

Lots to love in this and not much at all to hate. Double thumbs up from me - hope they do another one in a similar style.

Comment

I have nearly finished this (can't believe I started playing this on the 20th May & I have still not completed it)

I'm playing on realistic

just got into the room with the vice president but can't get back out when all the enemies come flooding in, I can't find a quiet spot to take them out & when I climbed up the pole I thought I would be ok but they spotted me also

I need to finish it off & then go back and complete the PEC challenges before continuing the co-op on local.
            Agree it's an enjoyable game, some frustrating moments on realistic but for my first Splinter Cell game I am still enjoying it.

Are the previous games any good Double Agent is on 360, wish the HD Trilogy release would come to the 360 also.

Comment

Im not a fan of the series in general, so I might not be the best person to say, but i felt this was by far the weakest Splinter Cell game, it felt very lightweight in all areas and just wasnt any fun to me.

Double Agent was 10 times better, You can also download Chaos Theory on Xbox live (which I think many fans seem to consider the best in the series), though I imagine all the original xbox disks will probabaly work on the 360 anyway?

Comment

Most people do seem to consider Chaos Theory the best, and it certainly is excellent. I was one of the few people who thought that Double Agent was actually better still. A lot of people were displeased by the new direction it took with the day levels, but I loved every second of it. Definitely give it a shot – it's only a couple of quid most places.

Enjoyed Conviction, but, much like Resident Evil 4, it totally re-wrote the script, and I miss the old-style games.

Comment

Thanks Double Agent is only a few quid so I will be getting that, I think for the earlier games I may use my PS3 & go for the HD collection, shame they do not release these HD collections on the 360 also, I mush prefer the 360 controller.

Comment

Once upon a time there was a retailer listing for a 360 version but that seems to have disappeared. Apparently MS didn't want collections like that on their console.

Until Konami said MGS.

Comment

Oh yes can't wait for the MGS collection & ZOE
                      I think I'll finish SC Conviction & play Double Agent for now.

I know the games have been released on xbox and might work on the 360 but I'm a bit of a graphics whore & last gen is well .. so old (like me)

Comment

Well I've done about as much as I can do on this one. Haven't done Last Stand as it's been very hard to find co-op partners online without a heap of lag.

As I said above this is a fantastic game. For me 9/10. Hope there's a follow up.

Comment

A fantastic f**k you Fisher game? Really? f**k you Fisher I couldn't even finish it because I couldn't stand the I can see you Fisher you f**K awful voice acting and terrible f**k you Fisher level design.

Comment

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
                            Well I've done about as much as I can do on this one. Haven't done Last Stand as it's been very hard to find co-op partners online without a heap of lag.

As I said above this is a fantastic game. For me 9/10. Hope there's a follow up.
                            happy to help if you want an online partner - I still have the game.

Comment

This is now backwards compatible on the Xbox One. Currently half price in the Ubisoft sale too. Couldn't resist.

Comment

Is it better than CT?

Comment

Working...
                                X