This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To answer my own question:

Wow... Sheridan looks a lot like Ricky Gervais!
    Last edited by Darwock; 20-04-2010, 11:55.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoStuey View Post
      I know I've posted pictures of this before but this is my favourite mecha and one that I own too.

Yamato 1/24 Scale AV-98 1st Ingram Mobile Police Patlabor The Movie

"Alphonse", pilot Noa Izumi.

Those Hot Toys figures look very nice too.

NeoDragon, great collection!
      Saw that in Akiba yesterday. When I just saw yr pics I swore out loud it looked that awesome. I just bought a Ravage yesterday from Transformers 2 : Revenge of the fallen. Don`t normally buy any Transformers nowadays, only when I was young but thought it looked amazing in the movie, seems rare now too as Yodobashi did not have any in Yokohama and not seen it anywhere besides when I went to a model shop in Akiba yesterday. See below

NSFW contains some colourful language

Last edited by JU!; 20-04-2010, 13:59.

Comment

I've got the Hot Toys versions of Duenan and Briareos. They've brilliant, but my version of Briareos isn't well put together. Still looks great with the two of them together.

Hot Toys more recent stuff is made of pure win though. I'm already the owner of the MKII and MKIII Iron Man armour figures, got War Machine on order and am sorely tempted to buy the MKIV version when they release it (all because it's supposed to have the more modern arc reactor chest plate).

edit: just had a look at the new promo photos and it's not the diamond shaped reactor at all - that's just pants!

Oh well, more money saved
        Last edited by Spatial; 20-04-2010, 19:39.

Comment

I know I've posted pictures of this before but this is my favourite mecha and one that I own too.

Yamato 1/24 Scale AV-98 1st Ingram Mobile Police Patlabor The Movie

"Alphonse", pilot Noa Izumi.

Those Hot Toys figures look very nice too.

NeoDragon, great collection!
          Thanks man! That's a serious piece right there, with a serious price tag but its sooo nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
            I've got the Hot Toys versions of Duenan and Briareos. They've brilliant, but my version of Briareos isn't well put together. Still looks great with the two of them together.

Hot Toys more recent stuff is made of pure win though. I'm already the owner of the MKII and MKIII Iron Man armour figures, got War Machine on order and am sorely tempted to buy the MKIV version when they release it (all because it's supposed to have the more modern arc reactor chest plate).

edit: just had a look at the new promo photos and it's not the diamond shaped reactor at all - that's just pants!

Diamond shaped is the Mark VI probably will see this after the films release. The Mark IV is basically a slick Mark III, you'll see more Mark VI stuff after the movie comes out i'm sure.

Hoping for a Mark 5 aswell!

Comment

I love that panda figure, awesome.

Comment

Had my confirmation Email earlier to confirm my MkIV is on order just need to wait now.
                I got suckered in I must admit but he looks so freaking good & I missed out on the original MkIII so had to have him in place of him.

Got my War Machine on order as well so will at least have a nice display until I decide wether I want to drop more on the MkVI when that gets released.

Whats up with Briareos??
                Hope it doesnt detract from him too much?
                I would love Deunan though she looks great.

Neil

Comment

The Iron Man figure is set to be a stonker based on the previous one, you really won't be disappointed. I would take some photos of mine but they never do it justice. It really does look every bit as good as the promo photos though.

I don't know if it's just my copy of Braireos that's a Friday afternoon version but he's badly put together. Things like the ammo packs on the gun belts being the wrong way around, the hand joints being too loose to pose him properly, the stand being useless... the list is pretty long. That said he looks brilliant on display (and combined with Deunan the awesome is magnified) - don't let my problems put you off if you're trying to track one down. He's still an amazing figure, but just not a patch on the more recent Hot Toys build quality for me.

Originally posted by NeoDragoN View Post
                  Diamond shaped is the Mark VI probably will see this after the films release. The Mark IV is basically a slick Mark III, you'll see more Mark VI stuff after the movie comes out i'm sure.

Hoping for a Mark 5 aswell!
                  Good point - they do seem to be trying to keep a lid on the change of arc reactor. Dunno if that's just Hot Toys though as I've had a quick mooch around and there's images of merchandise / promo images with it in there. If they do one with the new shape, I just know I won't be able to resist.

Comment

Panda figure and Ravage

Where are you guys getting your Iron Man figures from? They do look mighty fine. D

Comment

That Iron Man looks awesome, but I do really like the Battle Damaged one I saw on the Hot Toys website - decisions decisions!

Comment

The Iron Man figure is set to be a stonker based on the previous one, you really won't be disappointed. I would take some photos of mine but they never do it justice. It really does look every bit as good as the promo photos though.

I don't know if it's just my copy of Braireos that's a Friday afternoon version but he's badly put together. Things like the ammo packs on the gun belts being the wrong way around, the hand joints being too loose to pose him properly, the stand being useless... the list is pretty long. That said he looks brilliant on display (and combined with Deunan the awesome is magnified) - don't let my problems put you off if you're trying to track one down. He's still an amazing figure, but just not a patch on the more recent Hot Toys build quality for me.

Good point - they do seem to be trying to keep a lid on the change of arc reactor. Dunno if that's just Hot Toys though as I've had a quick mooch around and there's images of merchandise / promo images with it in there. If they do one with the new shape, I just know I won't be able to resist.
                        Ah that's a shame about Briareos.
                        I'm gonna keep searching for one but they seem to be silly money.
                        Deunan & Tereus bothe come up for around the ?100 mark but Bri seems to stick to north of ?150 which is too much for me.
                        Tempted to add Deunan though.

Oh I expect the MkIV to look awesome when he arrives.
                        Will be eager to get a MKVI though when he's launched...think he's gonna be the cream of the crop.

Quite tempted by the Whiplash figure as well.
                        IMO he's easily HT's best looking human figure they got Mickey Rourkes look down to a T with this one.

Panda figure and Ravage

Where are you guys getting your Iron Man figures from? They do look mighty fine. D
                        I've ordered mine from One Sixth Bruce...

?150 delivered for them at the moment

He does have stocks of some other HT figures as well but the Battle Damaged MkIII armour & all other Iron Man 1 Figures are out of stock...it's Ebay only for them I'm afraid.

If you go the Ebay route then I highly recommend suppliers LOONTENTOYS or GOODSHIPPED

HTH

Neil

Comment

Also check out a place called ToySquare (or just do a Google search for Toys2) if you're looking to preorder. They're based in Canada and have links to Hot Toys by all accounts so are pretty reliable when they say they're getting restocks of an item.

Comment

According to the latest issue of Hobby Japan there is going to be a new line of Zoids kits from a new maker - Yamato:

To me this seems completely redundant, as we already have Kotobukiya's take on the line to cover the high detail/posability front. Perhaps it's going to be a different scale? (I think Yamato go up to 1/100 in their other lines).

It's also kind of annoying that they have gone with yet another Shield Liger as there are so many HMM variations out there already (original, mk.II, desert liger). Still I'm looking forward to seeing it in the flesh.

Takara Tomy are going nuts with the licensing recently, I would prefer they went back to making the motorized kits themselves as the Rebirth Century line was seemingly stillborn. Maybe so they could focus on the Transformers to cash in on the movie popularity?

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
                              To me this seems completely redundant, as we already have Kotobukiya's take on the line to cover the high detail/posability front. Perhaps it's going to be a different scale? (I think Yamato go up to 1/100 in their other lines).
                              If it was about figures, a different maker would mean a different style altogether, for example Good Smile and Alter have certain franchises in common but their products are very different.
                              I have never bought Zoids except when my parents did when I was a kid, but probably Yamato is going to fill a particular market niche, either very expensive or inexpensive, depending on which is left untapped.

Comment

Just don't get me started on Transformers!
                                You have been warned!

Comment

Working...
                                X